VP of Product
New York, NY, USA | Redesign Health
Industry:Wellness / Fitness / Spa
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
As our VP of Product for Redesign OS, you will lead the development of unique internal products that become our proprietary intellectual property that help our venture chairs, studio heads, and advisors streamline the launch of their companies, hiring talent, and launching their products. The operating system platform really focuses on our ability to scale our growth, launch 100 companies by 2025, and build a unique engineering product that all other tech & investment companies will envy.
In this role, you will work closely with our venture leaders and other heads of across Redesign to help document requirements, hire the best in class engineering, design, and product team to execute those requirements, and have a strong, marketing launch focus to obtain engagement and evolve the products. This role requirements someone that “has done it” multiple times from idea to scale, and can leverage their experience, network.
You will report to and work with the Head of Product. This role is 100% remote.
What you'll do:
• Redesign Foundational Tech Platform
- Fundamental Tooling: Own and launch a code base, systems tooling, and alerting as it relates to our fundamental technology platform at Redesign
- Process Management: Own Redesign’s internal task management platforms (Jira, Notion, Coda), scale processes for cross-functional teams to follow, and maintain a portfolio review of all of our companies, stages, and open tasks
- Intake: Own Redesign’s technology intake system which helps prioritize our new ideas, organize these ideas into technical/functional categories or themes and eventually make the intake system an intelligent platform
- Digital Footprint: Set up and maintain Redesign Health’s operating systems first 10 products, which highlights our proprietary IP for launching companies
- DataScience Workbench: Own the engineering efforts to develop a queryable database of proprietary data that supports our ventures
• Redesign Operating System - Internal Applications
- User Entities: Own and design the system architecture for all the different users, personas, and entities that interact with the redesign ecosystem that becomes the foundation of how different entities onboard, engage, and received notifications of their work for the studio
- Widgets: Partner with Redesign Health’s portfolio company CTOs and CEOs to build a technical asset library of plug and play widgets, such as scheduling and credentialing, that are repeatable across companies
- Data Integration: Select vendors to help with healthcare data integration and develop an API library for Redesign Health’s portfolio companies
- One-stop App Building: Build an internal Redesign Health Appstore of apps that are reusable across Web, native Mobile, and APIs
- Ops App Store: Partner with ops to develop an operations workflow (no code engine) to enable automation of operational processes and workflows at Redesign and its portfolio companies
- Advisory Platform: Build a best in class advisor platform that flattens the world of advisors for our operating companies, providing a single click and personalized experience to find the right advisors
- Bench Signal: Launch a single source of truth library with meta data of scaled ICs, contractors, and vendors that are vetted, ranked, searchable, and matched to our operating companies when they need to augment talent
- Marketing Platform: Develop a broadcast and amplification platform for our operating companies to leverage a lower paid acquisition marketing CACs and increase overall engagement
• Technical Advisory & Hiring
- Serve as a technical advisor across Redesign Health’s portfolio companies; provide guidance on architectural decisions, third-party vendor selection, and best practices around building world class digital health products for patients, providers, payors and other stakeholders
- Partner with Redesign Health’s Head of Talent & People to design and implement a technical recruiting process, including a high-quality talent assessment tool
- Lean into the engineering requirements definition process for zero to one ventures
- Own hiring of over 20+ personnel within 6 months
What you'll need:
- 15+ years of experience in general manager, product management, and/or software engineering of internal cloud-based platforms
- At least 3 years of experience as a hiring manager
- An accomplished hiring manager, with a discerning ability to identify, attract and close top technical talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Genuine enthusiasm about new technologies that will help solve complex problems and help people live healthier lives.
- The ability to challenge, excite and engage candidates through rigorous yet invigorating interview processes that you will design and lead
- The ability to interact effectively with company founders and management teams
- An entrepreneurial drive and excitement about improving healthcare through business and technology innovation
• Technical Skills
- Experience building technical teams
- Experience with growing a high performing engineering organization with structured processes
- Experience working as a thought-partner with CEOs, product and recruiting leadership to develop best-in-class technical recruiting organizations, processes and employer brand
- Experience working as a founder or early stage engineer at a startup (bonus if background is in healthcare and digital health)
- Experience partnering with company leadership to design and implement technical solutions to grow businesses
- Breadth and depth in all facets of software engineering, and the ability to serve as a technical advisor for early-stage startup companies
- The holistic commercial sensibility and intellectual curiosity of a true polyglot, who is language agnostic and cares about using the right tools for the job (including what languages might be best for attracting talent)
• Behavioral Skills
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Attracts Top Talent. Attracts and selects diverse and high caliber talent. Finds the right talent to meet the group’s needs. Closes talent gaps with the right balance or internal and external candidates. Is a good judge of talent. Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Action Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
• Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
• Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
• Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
• Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
• Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
• Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check a few of our highlighted benefits below:
• Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
• Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
• Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
• Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program
Already a member? Sign In