VP of Quality
Gardena, CA, USA | Faraday Future
Operations / Production
Job Description:96 people have viewed this job
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the VP of Quality for FF, you’ll be expected to provide leadership, guidance and strategy directions in matters related to all facets of Quality (supplier quality, manufacturing and in use). You’ll lead and work with some of the industry’s brightest minds to plan, develop and implement Quality standards for product development, production manufacturing processes, from raw material through supply chain to goods received, vehicles shipped and serviced in the field of Faraday Future Electric Vehicle Programs.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Develop the Quality organization within FF, including the appropriate deployment/hiring of talent, developing standards and specifications, implementing processes (development, selection, inspection & acceptance testing), documentation standards and training for current and future Quality staff and total organization.
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001 / 16949 and other US and Global Automotive Standards
- Using Lean tools and Six Sigma and other problem-solving methodologies, drive a continuous improvement mindset with respect to Quality and Process Improvements.
- Create Quality Benchmarks and Standards; provides technical perspective and expertise in terms of quality standards for internal technical teams, critical suppliers and partners.
- Facilitate communication & teamwork across all Quality Engineering teams.
- Work closely with company Stakeholders, Executives, and Organization Leaders to ensure production measurements and timelines are met.
- Drives the strategy and development manufacturing processes and road mapping of current and future programs.
- Leads continuous improvement of manufacturing quality and standards/metrics by leading the quality team and working with tier1/2 suppliers to ensure product quality amongst supply sources, manufacturing processes, production readiness, and final quality assurance and control.
- Research and gather intelligence related to all facets of local EV/automotive market as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or related discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing etc.)
- 15+ years of experience in the automotive and/or EV industry
- 10+ years of experience in medium to high volume production manufacturing of automobiles.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and effective relationships across technical and business teams globally.
- Extensive experience of Automotive Quality Manufacturing standards
- Experience with Overall company quality system architect, R&D quality + design quality (engineering related), Software quality, Supply chain quality, MFG quality, UES quality (including after sales quality)
- Proven experience with product delivery of multiple programs
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally when needed
- Master’s Degree or PhD in an Engineering Discipline is desirable.
- Experience in the Global Manufacturing automotive market
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- Black Belt in Six Sigma
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Already a member? Sign In