VP - Operations
Wausau, WI, USA | Aspirus
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
For a 4th year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Compassion. Accountability. Collaboration. Foresight. Joy.
These are the Aspirus Core Values; and we are looking for the BEST around to join us as we demonstrate those values Every.Single.Day.
We are currently seeking a VP - Operations in Wausau, WI to work at Aspirus Corporate Office in the Clinic Administration department who will provide strategic vision, leadership, direction, and high-level oversight to regional directors, clinic managers, clinic coordinators, clinic supervisors, and their respective clinic operations with assigned division.The VP, Operations will work in concert and close collaboration with the Aspirus Medical Group, Vice President of Ambulatory Services, thereby forming a triad.This triad will be part of a cross functional team of internal and external experts, interacting with existing physician/administrative dyads, network providers, the Aspirus Medical Group Board/Quality Improvement (QI) Committee, and other stake holders, to provide support, assess performance, identify improvement opportunities, and develop and deploying initiatives designed to achieve success outlined in the Aspirus Medical Group strategic imperatives.Serves as a member of the Aspirus Medical Group Executive Team.
The VP – Operations is responsible for establishing administrative, operational policies and procedures.The VP, Operations collaboratively participates in physician/administrative dyads to identify and resolve operational issues.Maintains overall accountability for operational budgets within assigned division.Engages in and accountable for leadership and management of the functions assigned under the direction of the President, Aspirus Medical Group.
Hours: This position is Full Time; 1.0 FTE or 40 hours per week. Day shift.
- Knowledge of administrative practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field or business administration required.Completion of Master’s degree in Health or Business desired.Professional development courses in health care management.
- Ten years’ experience in health administration including at least five years in direct ambulatory clinic administration/operations strongly preferred.
- Reports directly to the President of Aspirus Medical Group.Supervises regional administrators, identified clinic managers and directors and oversees their activities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operations of multiple clinic sites.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the community’s health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge in leadership skills, program and service implementation, and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles sufficient to analyze and interpret results and recommend new or additional practices in financial and accounting matters.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective actions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority over assigned work functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to organize and integrate organization priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Full benefits packages available for part- and full-time status.
- PTO accrual from day one!
- Generous retirement plan with match available.
- Wellness program for employees and their families.
Aspirus Health is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. Aspirus serves communities through four hospitals in Michigan and 13 hospitals in Wisconsin, 75 clinics, home health and hospice care, pharmacies, critical care and air-medical transport, medical goods, nursing homes and a broad network of physicians.
Our Mission: We heal people, promote health and strengthen communities.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities, Aspirus Health, requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Staff at any work site or remote location, regardless of clinical responsibility or patient contact, are required to comply.
Our Vision: Aspirus is a catalyst for creating healthy, thriving communities, trusted and engaged above all others.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Already a member? Sign In