VP - Payor & Network Strategy
Wausau, WI, USA | Aspirus
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
Aspirus Health, recognized for a fourth consecutive year by IBM Watson Health as a Top 15 Health System, is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. Our 11,000 employees are focused on improving the health and well-being of people throughout Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.
Aspirus Health serves communities through four hospitals in Upper Michigan and six hospitals in Wisconsin, more than 50 clinics, home health and hospice care, pharmacies, critical care and air-medical transport, medical goods, nursing homes and a broad network of physicians.
The system has enjoyed steady growth and recently acquired an additional seven hospitals and 21 clinics in north central Wisconsin. This growth is spurred by Aspirus’ commitment to providing high-quality, integrated care in rural communities.
We are seeking a Vice President – Payor & Network Strategy in Wausau, Wisconsin at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who provides strategic leadership, direction, and oversight of all reimbursement strategies for all payor contracts executed and managed on behalf of all ANI provider members.
- Knowledge of financial practices, business development, and health care insurance law normally acquired through completion of bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or health care management.
- Master’s degree in health care or business administration is preferred.
- A minimum of ten years’ health care leadership, management, and other relevant health care experience.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of the managed care environment/conditions/trends, payor contracting and health insurance industry.
- Professional associations membership, certifications, etc. related to health care preferred.
- Well-developed planning, marketing, organizing and implementing business skills.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of healthcare reference resources for information relevant to provider operations and compliance: CMS, CPT, HCPCS, CCI, payor and other references, manuals, etc.
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities with proven ability to make tough decisions, as well as the ability to influence and energize staff and ANI provider members and entities.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses excellent internal management skills evidenced by exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, organization, and time management.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the managed care environment/conditions/trends, value-based payor contracts, payor operations, health insurance industry, provider networks and associated legal issues.
- Possesses a strong understanding of finance and health care reimbursement.
- Functions well under pressure and an expert at managing multiple priorities.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, 40 Hours per week, Day Shift
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center.
Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is ten minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.
Aspirus has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, our patients, and our communities. All employees based in the U.S. are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has an Aspirus-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.
Already a member? Sign In