VP - Performance Management for Singapore
Chennai, India | Multinational Banking and Financial Services Firm
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit.It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
JOB PURPOSE & SCOPE:
• Deliver superior performance for SCB Singapore through reporting of management and financial results, and partner with local and Group Business / Country Finance teams on Singapore strategy, performance issues / opportunities.
• Scope of work to include Multinational Banking and Financial Services Firm Bank (“SCB”) Branch, SCB (Singapore) Limited and governance oversight of all SCB subsidiaries in Singapore.
1. Performance Management:
• Collaborate with Group / Regional / Country Finance colleagues in providing quality management information to senior management for the formulation and review of business plans and strategies
• Analyze country performance (management and financial), review highlight risks and opportunities and drive actions to ensure committed financial outcome.
• Drive effective cost management through a rigorous cost control and investment management process
• Support SG ALCO for capital and liquidity inputs and active balance sheet management for strategic planning
• Co-ordinate the process for preparing, validating, consolidating and analyzing half yearly forecasts and annual budget to support strategic aspirations of SCB Singapore
• Provide market intelligence on key competitors’ performance and highlight any changes in the competitive landscape
• Ensure regular and ad-hoc management reporting requirements from stakeholders (e.g. Group Finance, CMT) are met
• Resolve management accounting issues and implement Group policies stated in the Management Accounting manuals
2. Financial Controls:
• Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end process and owns the process output performance in terms of client service, financial performance and risk where appointed as Process Owners
• Ensure compliance with Group/ IFRS accounting principles and practices, Financial Control Policy and other regulatory accounting guidelines
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial returns to internal and external authorities and stakeholders
3. Team Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness:
• End to end support to Singapore Performance Management Finance team covering all outcomes for e.g. country management team reports, cost accruals, MRE and FCS reconciliations
• Lead and manage the Singapore Performance Management Team and to develop the staff to take up different/more value added roles
• Contribute in any ad-hoc finance related projects, including providing support to Finance Transformation initiatives as well as simplification of bank process
• Ensure GFS service levels are maintained in line with onshore requirements.
• CEO, Singapore
• CFO, Singapore
• Singapore Business Finance (RB, CIB, CB & PvB)
• Singapore Balance Sheet Management team
• ASA Regional Finance Team
• Group Finance
• GFS Support team
• Quality of decision making within Singapore
• Influences and challenges issues, providing judgment and assessment of impact of proposed actions / activities on performance and strategy.
• Uphold the control and compliance culture in the bank.
• Career development of finance staff.
• A mature finance profession with relevant experience in financial services industry.
• Experienced in corporate banking products, booking models, accounting treatments.
• Sound understanding of international accounting standards requirements, business analysis techniques, risk management methodologies, project management techniques.
• A high degree of integrity and ability to challenge the views and actions of others in a constructive manner.