VP, Physical Interconnection
Redwood City, CA, USA | Equinix
Industry:Internet / Online Media
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating over 240 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 77 consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of over 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 27 countries spanning five continents – and counting!
A leadership role at Equinix means you will drive and collaborate on work that impacts the world. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Leader of Physical Interconnection leads Equinix interconnection products and services development, working closely with the product management, sales/GTM, operations, and other cross functional stakeholders in building the next generation interconnection to enable the interconnection products and services. They will prioritize and execute the interconnection roadmap with internal stakeholders and evangelizes product capabilities internally and externally. Lead, design, and execute on our product strategy on Equinix interconnection products and services.
This role reports to the EVP & General Manager, Data Center Services and is responsible for building and accelerating interconnection products and services growth and will be responsible for the overall P&L of a $1B global product line. This role oversees translation of interconnection requirements into high quality interconnection product development that meets scope, scale, timeline, and budgetary requirements and drive processes and enhancements that impact thousands of operational and GTM heads globally.This leader will ensure interconnection product development processes are scalable, secure, agile, consistent, fit for purpose and continue to evolve as technology changes. This role will lead a team of approximately 25 employees.
• Drive profitability and growth of a $1B global product line related to physical interconnection
• Prioritizes and executes the roadmap with internal stakeholders and evangelizes product capabilities internally and externally Lead, design, and execute on our product strategy on Equinix interconnection products and services.
• Responsible for figuring out how we care for lifecycle management of shared cross product capabilities to create a consistent/coherent end user experience for both direct and indirect customer experiences and ensure efficient interconnection product development.
• Responsible for monitoring the market and internal stakeholder input to set the product vision and strategy and ensure overall growth and profitability of interconnection product
• Lead necessary business simplification and enhancements to support interconnection products
• Leads a business process optimization team and business insights team within the Interconnection team
• Provide operational excellence in interconnection product reliability and availability for the interconnection products and services
• Ensure interconnection product development processes are scalable, secure, agile, fit for purpose and continue to evolve as technology changes
• Support the success of direct customers, resellers, and partners in consumption of the interconnection product
• Strategically evaluate and drive alignment and decision making around new technology working in collaboration across product management, architecture, operations, CTO, and CIO organization.
• Drive innovation among the teams, recognize innovation, and help communicate new ideas across teams in multiple global locations
• Define the expected financial, operational and customer experience performance of the platform and product lines and ensure performance against these expectations:
- Financial:Monitor financial performance to ensure revenue and costs align to expected results
- Operational:Ensure products are being delivered and are performing within defined operational expectations.
- Customer Experience:Monitor, systematically assess, improve and simplify the overall customer and sales experience at both the platform and product line levels
• 15+ years of experience at a high growth tech company or technology-focused enterprise in product engineering leading large global software development teams
• Strong General management and product management experience
• Proven execution in cross-functional management in a matrixed environment
• Executive presence and demonstrated success building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and influencing and collaborating in cross-functional environments
• Demonstrated experience building a thriving culture aligned to Equinix values
• Master’s degree in Product Management, Business, or Technology area preferred
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Already a member? Sign In