VP - Planning Strategy & Coordination
Chennai, India | Standard Chartered
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit.It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This role will play a lead role in developing and executing the Group’s overall Strategic approach to planning. It will also own the overall coordination and communication agenda for Group planning events (such as 5 Year Corporate Plan & budget) as well as monthly Management Business Review (MBR).
1. Overall experience of 15 years and minimum of 7 to 8 years of financial Planning & Analysis experience (preferably banking domain)
2. Drive independent and collective research into planning best practices and how these may be practically adopted within Standard Chartered bank
3. Develop strategies and initiatives to help deliver significant efficiency and effectiveness gains across Group Finance and the broader organisation
4. Own the development and agreement of the planning objectives, approach and timeline of monthly MBR as well as Group Planning events (including 5 Year Corporate Plan, Budget and Forecasts) with senior management
5. Engage and influence Finance stakeholders in the development of key themes and requirements in order to drive insights and meaningful challenge discussions at monthly MBRs
6. Provide thought leadership on process reengineering and change initiatives
7. Partner with FP&A analytics team on the delivery of key planning materials for senior management and FP&A reporting team to deliver monthly MBR
8. Liaison point for audit and external regulatory related matters
9. Continuous focus on “Big Picture” and enable the decision support in line with finance strategy
10.Good project management skills with strong understanding of process dependencies, timelines and cascading impacts.
11.Expert in preparing and presenting ppts articulating critical timelines, strategy, approach and other Planning deliveries/ roadmaps
12.Responsible for leading the team and supervision of the monthly deliverables of Group Budgeting and Forecasting processes.
13.Establish critical path for planning events with strong emphasis on delivery commitments
14.Co ordinate and drive system engagement & manage milestones
15.Support and drive the change agenda from process and systems perspective
16.Drive communication to senior stakeholders
17.Drive Governance around Planning activities
18.Continually reviewing all assigned processes in order to identify opportunities for quality & process design improvement.
19.Leverage process / domain expertise to identify opportunities for quality & process design improvement / reengineering while upholding the values of the Group and Company at all times.
20.Partner with Global Process Managers and leaders to design and implement Standard Global Processes across areas of Performance Management and to track implementation effectiveness and gaps on a continued basis.
21.Liaise with customers on the periodic review and re-negotiation of Service Level Agreements and any other related performance and quality measures.
22.Contribute to transformational agenda in terms of strategic, consensus building, driving and contributing to objectives. Participate and Support in all Global initiatives as applicable from time to time.
23.Effectively lead change, manage and escalate risks arising out of transition of new processes.
24.Ensure Ops risk monitoring across all processes covered by the team and report key risks emanating from them to right forums.
25.Ensure complete compliance with Group Code of Conduct and Social agenda of the organization.
26. Develop key people management and stakeholder management skills to move into People Manager / SME roles.
· All the CFOs, Business and process leads across Countries & Group.
· Various business heads of GFS.
· Scope HR, GPS, Finance, Risk and Compliance
· External consultants on Project implementations.
· Senior members of other Finance Shared Services Centres in the industry.
· Peer group companies related businesses.
KEY COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
· Strong Senior stakeholder management experience
· Broader understanding of P&L and Balance sheet (preferable from Banking)
· Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset, coupled with a thorough understanding of Planning processes in Banking Industry.
· Ability to design and build structured processes with consensus of key leaders in the wider organisation.
· Ability to understand and connect business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the Performance management processes.
· Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
· Able to quickly establish credibility when representing the Group, presenting a positive, persuasive and professional presence and have an excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
· Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Management accounting and related processes
· Strong ability to understand financial statements and its drivers and synthesize them into meaningful analyses as required. Develop analysis & interpretations as required to facilitate management decision making.
· Experience of having led large teams including senior & experienced professionals.
· A leader, a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
· Ability to culturally orient in diverse & international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations
· Chartered Accountant or MBA with 12- 15 years of relevant finance experience in Planning activities.
· Significant subject matter understanding & experience of planning, performance analysis & corporate strategy within large multinational companies in the financial services sector.
· Expert process management and reengineering skill set, including experience of leading large scale system and process change initiatives
· Specific experience in running the planning processes (or equivalent) of a complex multinational banking Group.
· Experience in operating within large virtual teams and relationships across a complex network of stakeholders including senior management
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; a strong self-starter with natural intellectual curiosity; an ability to think logically, strategically and analytically and apply these skills into meaningful outcomes for the Group
· High standard of written English, with the ability to review, summarise and communicate materials accurately and succinctly.
· Attention to details, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while delivering quality output to senior management
· Team player -a challenge mindset and strong influencing skills, balanced with the need for a naturally pragmatic manner - not afraid to "roil sleeves up" when a hands-on approach is required
· Handles ambiguity and possess the ability to conceptualise and articulate frameworks.
· Appreciation for data visualisation and design best practices.
· Excellent Ms Powerpoint and Ms Excel skills
Already a member? Sign In