VP, Portfolio Manager
Boulder, CO, USA | First Western Trust Bank
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
First Western's mission is to be the best private bank for the western wealth management client. We believe that each of our clients shares our entrepreneurial spirit and values our sophisticated, high-touch wealth management services that are tailored to meet their specific needs. We provide a trusted adviser platform with an established approach to investment management through a branded network of boutique private trust bank offices located across Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming and California.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, we provide a fully integrated suite of wealth management services on a private trust bank platform, which includes a comprehensive selection of deposit, loan, trust, wealth planning and investment management products and services.
You can find us trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "MYFW."
Your Potential at First Western Trust
Are you looking for a career in Banking?Do you enjoy solving problems and working through challenges?Do you have a passion for analyzing financial data and providing value through recommendations?Do you want to be part of a culture of growth?
Great!If you are ready to join a growing team, apply now!We are looking for highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starters for a great career opportunity.
Hire Range:$113,000 - $135,500 annually, based on experience
Full Range:$113,000 - $146,750, annually, based on experience
Classification: Full time, exempt
Application Close Date: Open until filled
- Individual annual sales goal component to be assigned in conjunction with the annual office sales goals
- Serve as the point of contact for investment management clients and work closely with colleagues to build strong relationships.
- Lead the growth and development of the Profit Center’s investment portfolio.
- Generate new client leads and prepare investment management proposals.
- Partner with team to advise prospective, new, and existing clients with a holistic approach that encompasses all products and services of the bank
- Develop asset allocation strategies for clients.
- Prepare and update investment policy statements for clients and monitor portfolios to ensure adherence.
- Meet with clients at least quarterly to review investment performance.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis to explain investment results and market conditions; review portfolios for tax efficiency.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Know and comply with all Company policies set forth on the Company’s Intranet;
- Review Associate Handbook and Company Policies annually, as prescribed by Human Capital;
- Complete and Comply with the Companies Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest Questionnaire and Policy Acknowledgement;
- Complete all assigned training on time.
- Embrace and adhere to First Western’s Core Values
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field- Required
- Master's Degree MBA (Masters of Business Administration)- Preferred
- 7-10 years, Related investment management experience - Required
- 7-10 years, Experienced in business development within local market area - Required
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) - Upon Hire Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- Skilled in using Financial Planning software
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, clients, and prospective clients
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Advanced leadership qualities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Looking to take your career to the next level? First Western is not only offering a competitive salary to start and full health (dental, vision) benefits, but also the following:
- Strong Bonus Potential
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Paid Parking/Transportation Benefits
- Access to Training & Professional Development Programs
- Sponsorship for Obtaining Professional Certifications
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time-Off + Bank Holidays
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter and answer the questions below. A member from our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch with you shortly should they determine your qualifications are fit for the role.
Already a member? Sign In