VP, Product, Finance
New York, NY, USA | Dotdash
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a VP, Product, who will drive vision and strategy for our Finance verticals that reach 24M financially-savvy users per month. You’ll lead several cross-disciplinary scrum teams to help our users find answers to their personal finance questions.
You’ll partner with the General Managers of Investopedia and The Balance, editorial teams, design and engineering teams, sales leadership, and other relevant stakeholders to develop and execute a robust product strategy that leverages our unique capabilities: evergreen content, SEO expertise, data science, beautiful design, and respectful monetization. You’ll focus on The Balance and Investopedia, including its innovative paper trading platform simulator, along with its robust suite of performance marketing products. You’ll report to the SVP, Product for Finance.
About Your Contributions:
- Review your product roadmap and strategy with the senior management team, GMs, editors, and the CEO
- Build a world-class team, successfully executing shared goals while creating a culture of collaboration and fun
- Take a broad view when approaching work, using a global lense to solve problems as a platform.
- A/B test optimizations to funnels, quizzes, quoting tools, lead forms, and rate tables
- Analyze the user flow and define products that help deepen user engagement
- Watch a person using the site, observing what’s working and what’s not
- Coordinate with fellow product leaders on the sequence of a company-wide project
- Host a call for discovery and negotiation with a vendor
- Synthesize various pieces of user feedback into tangible features and products
- Mentor and coach product managers on your team
- 10+ years of hands-on product management—strategy, analysis, roadmap ownership, and day-to-day product ideation—across multiple functional areas
- You’re a builder, with experience launching both front-end, user-facing tools, along with deep, intricate platforms
- You attract world-class talent, helping to shape the Dotdash Meredith product team of the future
- You’re capable of developing a big-picture product strategy for meeting user and business needs, selling it to senior leadership, and then working out the details to get the plan over the finish line
- You have several years of experience with an affiliate model or performance marketing, driving sales/conversions
- You’ve ideally got deep experience on optimizing customer acquisition for an online publisher, e-commerce site, or app
- You’ve managed product managers, and have a passion for guiding direct reports along their career path and setting your team up for success
- You have deep knowledge of what makes for great user experience because you’ve done this before, e.g. experience at a premium, digital publisher, retailer or brand
- You have a passion for figuring out user problems and pain points
- You’re able to juggle the needs of multiple audience segments and develop strategic product plans for each of them
- You’re excellent at communicating and collaborating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to build great products
- You possess an innate desire to collect, synthesize, and analyze data to inform your strategy
- You’re fluent in Agile principles and methodology, and not afraid to jump in as the product owner or scrum master for a team
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
Already a member? Sign In