VP, Product Led Growth Marketing
Redwood City, CA, USA | Equinix
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:89 people have viewed this job
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data center’s across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 77+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 28 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
This is a new role at Equinix, responsible for driving the integrated marketing strategy for product-led growth (PLG). For an area of rapid growth with strategic significance within Equinix’s product portfolio and GTM engine, this individual will own the strategy, planning and coordination of the marketing mix applied to the PLG marketing which targets practitioners and developers.
In addition to marketing strategy, this individual will directly lead the driving and execution of several digital services-specific marketing activities, which drive awareness and engagement with the practitioner/developer audience. These will include creation of thought-leadership materials and communications, the scaling of a developer relations function and the growth of customer community.
Reporting to the SVP Global Marketing, this leader will play a pivotal role in achieving the growth targets for the digital services portfolio.
We are looking for a visionary and collaborative leader who is able to educate, lead and inspire the extended marketing team around Equinix’s PLG opportunity. A successful leader will incubate our capabilities for product led growth and self-service buying ensuring the motions are resourced for speed and agility. Day to day responsibilities include looking at how to minimize friction, maximize product adoption and drive customer loyalty and advocacy. Collaboration will be a central part of this person’s role as they look to actively mobilize and harness resources from the global marketing team (PR, social media, analyst relations, digital marketing, field marketing, product marketing) as well as other functions outside of marketing (sales, product engineering, customer care and user experience). This collaborative work is critical in order to bring the PLG strategy to life, delivering the best possible customer experience and building sustainable revenue streams.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in thought and also highly analytical and creative. They will have strong leadership skills and be adept at influencing and leading teams who do not report to them in order to bring the wider organization on Equinix’s journey into scaling PLG. As this role will define strategy for PLG focused digital purchasing process, comprehensive understanding is required on how this process affects the customer’s buying journey including how to drive awareness, the design of offering and adoption of trials, the creation of a thoughtful onboarding experience, the creation of ongoing in-app messaging, and the importance of embedding sales, customer care and marketing into the product itself.The PLG marketing focus will drive user acquisition, expansion, conversion and retention of customers for our Digital Services products, and identify opportunities for engaging full-service GTM motions.
This leader’s team will be responsible for our developer relations function, growth marketing responsible for identification and activation of post-sale customer marketing, design of self-service buying flows, and analytics on actionable insight from studying customer and prospect online behavior (e.g. sign-up flows, interstitial flows, revenue ops). The team will also contribute to our ecosystem, open source and startup partner development.
• Work collaboratively with extended marketing functions to establish Equinix and the Equinix Digital Services products (including Equinix Metal, Equinix Fabric and Network Edge) as trusted products with practitioners and the developer ecosystem, including driving awareness of our platform and our partners.
• Increase and build out the impact of the Developer Relations function across Equinix.
• Work collaboratively with the Equinix Digital Marketing team to deliver innovative solutions for website. content, digital customer journeys to support PLG, demand generation, and global programs execution.
• Partner with the Digital Services Go-To-Market leader to align on strategies to support product roadmaps and PLG activation, including using PLG motions to promote opportunities for full service GTM engagement.
• Work collaboratively with our two business units, customer experience and digital marketing teams to plan and execute impactful digital customer journeys to drive a PLG motion for both new and existing customers.
• Drive and lead partnership and community development, and consumer research
• Actively partner and collaborate with marketing partners including public relations, social, brand, digital marketing and campaign teams to drive pipeline and raise awareness within the practitioner audiences.
• Leverage the use of PLG analytics to provide insights and make recommendations to optimize the customer journey in order to drive adoption and consumption
• Introduce and drive continuous micro-experimentation including the use of data-based user segmentation in order to drive adoption
• Lead a team of marketing experts focused on creating targeted content and thought leadership materials
• Define and own KPIs for targets and growth (for example, expansion revenue, average revenue per user, product qualified leads, churn measures)
• Partner across functions within marketing (product marketing, brand, marketing operations, regional marketing) as well as beyond marketing (product engineering and customer care) to align and drive outstanding customer experience
Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Strong marketing experience with proven experience of building communities, developer relations, product-led growth, and digital marketing.
• Background that includes digital infrastructure / cloud
• Undergraduate degree
• Excellent leadership and management skills in leading sizable (30+) and diverse marketing teams
• Experience influencing and driving results in a highly matrixed environment
• Robust analytical and critical thinking capabilities and effective decision-making skills
• Leadership Capabilities –
- Agile – Thrives in an ever-changing landscape by providing leadership and guidance to marketing teams in navigating changes and is comfortable leading change in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Innovation – Foster a climate where innovation can thrive.Challenge status-quo, inspiresothers to achieve higher performance and better outcomes
- Business Savvy – An entrepreneurial leader who utilizes analytical capabilities and deep tactical and strategic knowledge of Digital Service Marketing to drive efficiencies across the business and advance the organization’s goals
- Collaborative – Maneuvers comfortably through complex organization dynamics and be able to build partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Values others’ expertise and promotes cross-functional understanding
- Inclusive – culture carrier who champions the magic of Equinix and models DIB vision.
Functional experience desired:
• Experience of building and scaling a developer relations function
• Experience of building customer communities
• Proven experience of driving change and transformation within marketing teams
• Experience of working within a PLG marketing environment
• Experience of creating and publishing technical documentation
• Experience of agile marketing methods
• Demonstrated experience of digital customer journeys from initial awareness through purchase, upsell and post-sales care including the use of advanced analytics
• Experience running programs aimed at developers and other practitioners
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Already a member? Sign In