VP, Product Management, Mortgage
Costa Mesa, CA, USA | Leading Technology Company
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
The Vice President of Product Management for Leading Technology Company Mortgage will manage Leading Technology Company’s solutions for the mortgage industry and drive the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with product development, sales, marketing, client services, Leading Technology Company Ventures and Corporate Development to ensure revenue growth and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Vice President of Product Management, Leading Technology Company Mortgage role also includes ensuring that the mortgage roadmap supports Leading Technology Company’s overall strategy and goals.
This is a key leadership role with the responsibility of developing strong product methodologies and business practices – leveraging Leading Technology Company capabilities across multiple divisions as well as a heavy investment/M&A emphasis.
We seek a candidate eager to join a start-up atmosphere – supporting solutions that span adoption cycles from deep adoption in a change use case to solutions at the tipping point of market adoption to new solutions yet to be imagined. Strong mortgage industry expertise in critical. The Vice President of Product Management, Leading Technology Company Mortgage will have strategy and execution responsibilities across solutions from multiple Leading Technology Company business units, mortgage-specific partnerships and mortgage-specific acquisitions. High emphasis on mortgage data and analytics across all applicable data types (credit risk, consumer capacity and collateral) necessary.
A successful candidate is:
• Mortgage industry expert – years of experience in the mortgage industry with deep knowledge of market dynamics, stakeholders, competitors and emerging players.
• Market Facing – externally focused with demonstrated client/partner engagement, joint strategy and partnership development
• Collaborator – strong partnering skills with others including fellow team members, peers, key stake holders; able to build relationships & connects ideas across internal and external opportunities
• Curious – willing to take risks, be bold, empowering and tenacious, challenge traditional approaches, inquisitive with a penchant for seeking new opportunities
• Determined – achievement oriented; optimistic about what can be; persistent, resilient to setbacks, seeks high levels of activity, fast-paced environment; demonstrates a fierce commitment to challenging goals, a strong bias for action
• Define the product strategy and roadmap for Leading Technology Company’s new Mortgage Business Unit.
• Deliver prioritized features and corresponding justification
• Build high performing, bold, committed team. Foster collaborative approach that pushes boundaries
• Work with external third parties to assess partnerships, licensing and acquisition opportunities
• Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Be an expert with respect to the industry, competition and emerging players
• Act as a leader within the Leading Technology Company and the industry
• Direct client engagement to determine market needs is central
• Work with other Leading Technology Company business units to create the best and broadest possible relationships with the mortgage industry – lead the effort to justify other Leading Technology Company business department prioritization of Mortgage initiatives
• Given the strategic role we play in our clients’ business decision making, you are expected to work at senior levels and demonstrate obvious confidence in this environment.
• 10+ years’ experience leading product organizations with a strong focus on internal and client relationship management.
• Have an intimate knowledge and experience of the mortgage industry, players, data and marketing analytics
• Ability to grasp strategic initiatives of target accounts and to formulate project / product offerings effectively.
• Leadership and consensus-building abilities with a proven track record of coordinating and mobilizing resources productively.
• Proven success navigating large, matrixed organizations
• Experience in handling complex and large datasets
• Highly professional and credible - interacting at all levels both internally and externally
• Self-starter, comfortable to start projects from a blank sheet of paper
• Proven success representing a large diverse organization.
• Bachelor's / advanced degree