VP, Product Management - Personal Care
Northfield, IL, USA | Medline Industries Inc
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
Oversee and lead large Product Teams (may have multiple reports including Director and Senior Manager levels) for the sourcing, marketing, new product development, sales support and financial growth of multiple product categories. Prepare overall long-term business and marketing strategy for complex, new to market products and/or complicated product line. Develop, lead and present sales process for large Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) or Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) customer presentations.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors for raw materials and finished goods. Visit vendors to develop products and train personnel in all aspects of each product and usages. Coordinate materials with vendors and develop finished custom items.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for existing and/or new products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and brand management
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work with Product Teams, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Engineering to reduce Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer shipments, etc. Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and optimizing SKU count.
- Determine strategy on GPO and/or IDN contracts for assigned product categories
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Conduct effective market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- May travel with sales force to support efforts to convert key customers to purchase Medline products or respond to escalated critical issues.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date.Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Clinical.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 10 years of marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare industry).
- At least 4 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Already a member? Sign In