VP, Public Fixed Income Manager Engagement
Philadelphia, PA, USA | Lincoln Financial Group
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:87 people have viewed this job
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This position provides strategic leadership, direction and functional expertise to the LFG Public Fixed Income General Account investment portfolio. The individual will lead the day-to-day engagement with our three external core public fixed income managers. This individual will also partner with internal investment leadership to set, coordinate, and execute aspects of the credit risk management strategy and scenario analysis across the broader portfolio. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with senior leaders, external portfolio managers, and multiple internal groups in order to provide the optimal outcome for investment activities. Additionally, this candidate will possess exceptional communication and presentation skills, strong knowledge of the bond market, insurance general account investing, and be able to manage a cross functional team of experienced internal portfolio managers and analysts dedicated to managing the public fixed income portfolio.
- Facilitate strategic dialogue, clear communication, and thought leadership between external public fixed income asset managers and the internal investment team.
- Develops strong relationships and collaborates routinely with external asset managers to analyze hold, sell, or hedging decisions on investments.
- Develops and executes strategies of fixed income portfolio management, including the analysis of portfolio composition, risk, portfolio objectives, and competition.
- Presents and communicates investment and risk strategies to senior management and business leaders in a clear, concise, and aesthetically intuitive manner.
- Operate as a player-coach to provide leadership, mentorship, and development opportunities to a team of AVPs and analysts that will enable their future career advancement.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and partners with key business stakeholders on new investment ideas, concepts and opportunities including ensuring that all parties understand the significant capabilities, risk and/or system limitation(s).
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging developments in the bond market.
- Provides proactive thought leadership and strategic forethought as to the direction of the public fixed income portfolio.
- Serves as subject matter expert to appropriate key stakeholders supporting lines of business and internal risk teams to ensure optimization of investment portfolios.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced team and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner at a situationally appropriate level.
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to effectively storyboard complicated concepts and produce in aesthetically appealing and visually intuitive PowerPoint presentations for senior management
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior/executive management, peers and colleagues) and external asset managers; proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style that is critical to success within a cross functional and matrixed organizational structure.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge with the following asset classes: domestic and global fixed income, money market and financial derivatives
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Specifically, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Familiarity and/or competence with Tableau
- Sound knowledge and understanding of investments and enterprise risk.
- Sound understanding of principles of portfolio theory, management, asset allocation, econometrics, and general economics
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years increasing responsibility in portfolio/asset management including portfolio construction
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role where influencing senior management/critical internal and external stakeholder experience was required
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading a team of seasoned investment professionals
- Insurance asset management experience
- Strong knowledge of the public fixed market and liquid structured investments
- CFA designation and/or graduate degree in relevant field of study
- Experience in a sell-side role and/or buy-side client portfolio management role is a plus
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy.An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Already a member? Sign In