New York, NY, USA | Discovery Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
The ideal candidate is an established leader of leaders, responsible for building, growing and managing a distributed team for Global QA as-a-Service. You are responsible for defining the mission of your team, inspiring and motivating your team to pursue that mission, and setting strategic goals for them to achieve in that pursuit. You have a balanced understanding of business and technical objectives and your guidance is sought out because your decisions drive the best outcomes for both. You own a set of key performance indicators important to the business, and drive outcomes for the business by setting goals against these metrics.
• Build, grow and lead distributed team of Software, QA, TPM engineers
• Own, define and execute on cross team strategic platform initiatives related to QA-aaS
• Develop and cultivate strong relationship with key stakeholders to drive the planning and execution of vital strategic and operational goals
• Passionate about building a culture of high product quality with strong focus on feature velocity without losing quality
• Strong experience in product and technology related to test automation frameworks, DevOps workflows, QA automation for frontend and backend services.
• Experience in building platform-based workflows, tools, process and automation to deliver QA-aaS offering
• Passionate about shift-left mindset to establish a methodology to improve product quality across various teams and services
• 10+ years relevant experience in architecture, design, deployment and operations of large-scale test automation services such as test case mgmt., test data mgmt., test execution, device farm, test metrics and analytics
• 8+ year’s experience working across multi-disciplinary global teams across client-side frontend and backend services. Familiarity with various clients such as iOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV, etc preferred.
• Successfully implemented and operated large scale test automation frameworks across test environments for high volume of concurrent test activities
• Strong data driven decision-making mindset with experience in establishing high bar for bug mgmt. and triage as it relates to releasing high quality products into production
• Deep understanding of key technologies such as TestRail, Cucumber, Appium, CICD build pipelines, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Prometheus, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud services.
• Sets benchmarks independent of, and beyond, organizational best practice, based on a clearly defined understanding of what is possible.
• Adopts a long-term perspective about the business and changing market needs
• You uphold and ensure security requirements for tooling, systems, and environments are met and protect the assets of the company and our customers
• You have experience in leading troubleshooting of system and performance problems in Prod/QA/Dev environments
• You have ability to identify improvements to reduce technical debt streamlining towards a global platform service
• You have the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams, as a leader, in a professional and polished manner
• Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality using good judgment and an exceptional sense of accountability
• High energy, strong team player, creative thinker, and strategic influencer.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Must be willing to travel
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Already a member? Sign In