VP, Regulatory Attorney
Berkeley Heights, NJ, USA | Fiserv
Legal / Compliance
Job Description:73 people have viewed this job
Fiserv is seeking an experienced, commercially-focused financial and payments regulatory attorney to lead and provide strategic commercial and regulatory support to Fiserv’s existing and emerging payments businesses and fintech service offerings (such as enabling digital bill payments, P2P, A2A, mobile banking, digital disbursements, virtual currency payment services). You will be part of an innovative and collaborative legal department supporting the interest of the global Fiserv enterprise.
• Analyze and structure innovative Fiserv fintech payment solutions with Product, Business, Business Unit Counsel, and Risk stakeholders to comply with applicable regulations.
• Draft appropriate terms for partner or financial service provider agreements to support payment service offerings, such as bank-sponsorship agreements.
• Analyze, structure, and negotiate payment solution agreements with FinTech clients and FinTech payment solution agreements with financial institution, governmental agency, and commercial entity clients of all sizes.
• Support Fiserv’s licensed money transmitter business activity, including:
- analyzing, structuring, and negotiating provisions in commercial agreements with financial institutions, governmental agencies, and commercial entities for Fiserv service offerings that rely on Fiserv’s money transmitter licenses,
- performing regulatory due diligence on potential clients and partners,
- assisting Compliance with state regulatory exams, and
- providing strategic and regulatory advice to licensed legal entities.
• Collaborate with the Fiserv Government Relations function to analyze and comment on proposed payment related legislation and regulations.
• Collaborate with Business Unit Counsel, Compliance, and Risk teams to identify, analyze, and manage regulatory risks.
• Develop and mentor other Fiserv legal and non-legal colleagues supporting Fiserv’s payment businesses.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
• JD from an accredited law school
• Active license to practice law and in good standing in appropriate jurisdiction
Job Related Experience:
• At least 10 years of prior relevant experience working in a large law firm, corporate legal or government setting preferred.
• Expertise in financial and payments industry laws and regulations such as Regulation E; Internet and telephone payments; bill payment laws; anti-money laundering obligations and the Bank Secrecy Act; laws affecting credit cards, debit cards, payroll cards, gift cards, and other physical and virtual card products; and state and federal licensing and registration requirements applicable to financial services businesses, including MSBs, money transmitters, payment facilitators, and other similar frameworks.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively write and speak clearly in “Plain English”
• Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn complicated and evolving businesses and products in a fast paced environment
• Sound and practical business judgment with an ability to analyze and solve problems real-time in a creative and flexible manner
• Strong collaboration and teamwork orientation
• Strong leadership skills, executive presence, and advocacy skills
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage priorities effectively
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Already a member? Sign In