Houston, TX, USA | Honeywell
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
The Vice President of the Americas will be leading, managing and directing all of the HPS sales/commercial excellence related activities in the region ensuring that the priorities and focus areas are matched to the short, medium and long term needs of the business, and that the organization is able to achieve its strategic growth objectives.
· Works with the different Lines of Business to develop AOP and STRAP to ensure profitable growth and risk mitigation.
· Establishes and owns the plans and strategies for the entire HPS systems portfolio aimed at serving and expanding the customer base in the Americas.
· He/she will work with the Americas leadership team to drive growth across 5 different lines of business units and the functions to define and execute an ambitious organic growth strategy.
· Responsible for the performance and development of all sales and commercial excellence activities in the region.
· Establishing and owning the plans and strategies aimed at serving and expanding the customer base and Go-to-Market strategies in the Americas region.
· Drive commercial excellence execution in entire sales organization, improve sales team capabilities with clearly defined targets and plans.
INITIAL PRIORITIES - Defined strategies and initiatives to attain growth
· Own P&L responsibility for the entity
· Accurate forecast of revenue and growth opportunities.
· Growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites, including in new geographies in APAC.
· Revenue and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
· Leadership and mentoring throughout the organization
· Executive sponsorship for select customers
· Monthly business reviews of delivery metrics
Monthly business reviews and accurate forecast of revenue and growth opportunities
· Strong Leadership to create, adapt and drive change
· Establish credibility and respect for self and Honeywell internally & externally
· Anticipate future trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required
· Understands the value proposition of Honeywell and all the company has to offer
· Understands the strategic direction of Honeywell
· A well-developed sense of the industry and market trends in their given territory
· Financial and business acumen
· 10-15+ years’ experience in General Management & Sales in Industrial market managing complex and diverse portfolio - Experience in outcome base selling would be real plus
· General Management experience of operating & leading at Regional level
· Prior experience and strong understanding of business P&L and manufacturing operations
Demonstration of “The 8 Honeywell Behaviors”
-Have a Passion for Winning: Understand and beat the competition. Never give up in the face of resistance and setbacks. Have fearless accountability for getting results. Be consumed with making things better and have an insatiable curiosity for learning.
-Be a Zealot for Growth: Solve problems and see the world through the customer’s eyes. Promote confidence and trust. Aggressively focus on new opportunities and obsess over growth. Understand what creates value for customers. Promote a customer-centric organization that has a deep understanding of the needs of our customers.
-Think Big…Then Make It Happen: Dream of the possibilities instead of limitations. Be willing to re-examine almost anything. Innovate with agility, iterate, test, try, take risks. Translate the best ideas into realistic, pragmatic, executable plans.
-Act with Urgency: Act quickly when faced with ambiguity. Get the facts that you can, think, and then move with lightning speed. Use speed as a differentiator. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
-Be Courageous: Take bold action on what you believe is right. Confront problems directly and face adversity head on. Be comfortable being unpopular when required and press on. Take on seemingly impossible goals and work out of your comfort zone.
-Go Beyond: Over deliver on commitments. Be committed to putting in your maximum work effort and always do what you say. Be the someone people trust to get things done and deliver.
-Inspire Greatness: Empower, develop, and set high expectations of direct reports, peers, and others. Bring others with you, achieve things you never thought possible, and celebrate your wins.
-Become Your Best: Seek and accept feedback wherever you can get it, decide what to change, and go for it. Be curious, confident, and humble. Read others’ reactions and adjust as you go. Bounce back from disappointments.
-Be Committed: Be an evangelist for the company, take responsibility even if others don’t, act like you own this place. Be a unifier and build momentum. Speak up and let your opinion be heard, then get behind the decision. Create a positive, vibrant environment where people can do their best work. Care deeply about the organization. Lead by example and work hard.
Already a member? Sign In