VP Software Development
Remote, UT, USA | Cotiviti
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:66 people have viewed this job
The Vice President, Software Development will be responsible for the quality and delivery of software products on schedule, with in prescribed resource limits and in accordance with client requirements and IS&T standards. The incumbent will be accountable for a portfolio of diverse functions representing major areas of contribution to the department. He/she will need to understand the company’s business and be adept at working across organizational boundaries while maintaining a strategic perspective in relation to IT architecture and business needs. The Vice President, Software Development will have significant latitude in defining results, selecting alternatives and taking action across a broad range of functions and entities
- Develop and implement long term strategic direction including Software Architecture and alignment with company performance objectives.
- Optimize service costs through a mix of internal and external resources for all aspects of Development.
- Serve as a trusted partner to the business helping to shape, guide and deliver on Software Products, along with the development of an Architectural Roadmap aligned with key business objectives.
- Partner with Product leaders to provide proactive support in the maintenance of Production Applications.
- Work to continually remove Technical Debt and improve application code quality, maintainability, testability, performance, stability and reliability.
- Hire and retain top Engineering talent.
- Conduct objective-setting, coaching, assessment and mentoring activities associated with staff performance.
- Mentor staff to maximize performance and potential.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring team member job satisfaction and morale.
- Hire, develop, lead and retain top-tier talent, with a focus on building and improving a team and culture that is able to assist in employing best in class practices to support and drive high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- High Volume and concurrent/multi-thread Realtime and batch transaction process
- Modern Technology stack and solution for agility, scalability, maintainability, Observability
- Enterprise Experience in developing event driven microservice based architecture and container orchestration frameworks : Kubernetes, AWS EKS
- Cloud solution AWS/OpenShift
- Integration with various software product and applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 plus years of experience in Software Development
- Excellent managerial skills with demonstrated experience leading development teams
- Experience leading Development projects using object oriented development languages
- Demonstrated experience in managing a portfolio of new product development throughout the Software Development Lifecycle and reliable maintenance of existing systems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience maintaining both legacy and net new development projects.
- Experience re-architecting existing solutions.
- Experience developing solutions for both internal and external end users.
- Superior strategic and tactical leadership, decision making and communication skills.
- Strong ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse teams in multiple locations
- Vendor management experience and ability to hold vendors accountable for SLAs
For the safety of our employees and those considering employment with Cotiviti, we are currently conducting all interviews virtually. In addition, the majority of the Cotiviti team is currently working remotely, and we are onboarding new hires remotely as well. As we monitor the pandemic, these arrangements may change and we will update accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Already a member? Sign In