VP, Software Engineering, Sales Technology
Stamford, CT, USA | Gartner Consulting
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:84 people have viewed this job
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
VP, Software Engineering - Sales Systems
About this role:
Gartner is a sales driven organization and given the growth of the company providing technology support to our global sales organization is a top priority.Gartner IT works closely with Gartner Sales to implement technology that allows our sales associates to support a varied and dynamic set of clients to advise them on solving the world’s most challenging problems.
What you will do in this role:
- Play a key leadership role for a newly chartered program working to modernize Gartner’s CRM technology to support critical sales processes.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business priorities and direction
- Define a strategy and roadmap for technology in support of the Gartner sales organization which both accounts for current challenges and future needs
- Manage a set of Agile/Scrum development / technology implementation teams consisting of ~40 talented software engineers across both the US and India as they develop & implement technology in support of the Gartner Sales organization .
- Collaborate closely with other Gartner IT centers of expertise to leverage best practices and shared capabilities such as our AWS & Azure based cloud infrastructures
- Act as a strong model within the organization for what “good looks like” from a leadership perspective.
What skills you need for the role:
- Strong understanding of sales processes, financial processes and the sales technology landscape from a lead to order management
- Experience with B2B sales in a subscription-based enterprise environment
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in leading technology delivery teams in support of complex business functions
- Demonstrated ability to both define a technology strategy, work with business & technology stakeholders to sell the strategy, and implement the strategy in iterative phases.
- Strong leadership skills in the areas of communication / collaboration, organizational design, talent acquisition & development, and stakeholder management
- Strong technology skills, preferably in the area of sales technology (e.g., CRM/SFA, Lead Management, Sales Performance Management, CPQ, Customer Engagement, etc.).Salesforce experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in building & leading Agile/Scrum development teams located in multiple geographies (including India)
- Experience in selecting and managing large systems integrators engaged in the planning & delivery of large scale transformational initiatives.
- Experience in successfully working in an IT environment where some technology delivery is performed through centers of expertise, requiring a high degree of collaboration
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 16,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability.
Already a member? Sign In