VP - Sr. Manager of US GAAP Accounting and Financial Analysis
Chicago, IL, USA | MSCI
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 45 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading, research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Is becoming a Trusted Advisor to business partners inspire you? Are you passionate about driving impact towards goals? Are you driven to work for an industry-leading, fast-growing Fintech company? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded? Are you a professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams and develop new ideas? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at MSCI!
MSCI is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated leader to join the Finance Controllers organization as Vice President - Senior Manager of US GAAP Accounting and Financial Analysis. Our Chicago office represents one of the key hubs for US GAAP Center of Excellence at MSCI. This role will be responsible for supporting a fast-growing global organization through partnering with key business stakeholders to deliver critical business initiatives and closely collaborate with business partners on financial analysis and forecasting. The candidate will provide leadership and technical accounting guidance for revenue recognition matters pertaining to new customer contracts and new development in addition to establishing or enhancing accounting and reporting processes, policies and procedures related to revenue transactions to ensure compliance with US GAAP. This role will play a leadership role in building a scalable and agile team to adapt to dynamic environment and drive and support finance transformation agenda. This position will also lead or support special projects as they arise, including M&A activities, process improvement initiatives, and system implementations.
This role will provide exciting and rewarding opportunities to work closely with a diverse set of finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Lead, influence, and mentor the Center of Excellence and US GAAP Accounting/Financial Analysis team members with responsibility of the accuracy and completeness of revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP, financial reporting and analysis, and process transformation in support of delivering Company’s mission. For example, support periodic business contracting scenarios and revenue recognition refresh training and updates.
- Collaborate closely with key business partners, for example, Product Finance, Legal, Coverage, Run Rate, Tax, and Billing to deliver critical business initiatives and identify value opportunities. Opportunities to present accounting recommendations to finance executive management
- Analyze MSCI’s material and/or complex client transactions to ensure appropriate revenue recognition treatment, perform relevant research, present and document conclusions to be in compliance with US GAAP
- Drive insights and guidance to support revenue transactions for optimal economics on rapidly evolving and growing products offerings and launches
- Drive accountability by ensuring high quality technical and operational monitoring, analysis, and continuous improvement of enforcement and KPIs
- Exhibit strong technical understanding of financial processes to provide perspective on opportunities and solutions for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting and reporting, principally related to revenue processes
- Be an active participant and partner in enterprise initiatives reviews and recommends enhancements to financial reporting and finance processes
- Take an enterprise view that considers and anticipates implication across multiple global stakeholders
- Take responsibility for applicable revenue related disclosure
- Execute special projects as assigned, including mergers and acquisitions accounting considerations and drive finance functional transformation projects
· Minimum 6+ years in Accounting or Finance related field
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· Public accounting and/or industry accounting experience with multi-national public companies which comply with U.S. GAAP
· Proficient with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, including some experience in ASC 606
· Demonstrated experience influencing across functional departments
· Strong understanding of business processes, particularly within the technology and software businesses
· Successful track record of driving change through implementation of new policies or processes
· Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills
· Ability to review complex data and identify key insights and translate analytics into high-level storylines and present in a concise manner
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain complex accounting concepts in succinct plain English language
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
· Prior experience managing and leading a global team
- Previous experience in Accounting Policy is a plus
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Already a member? Sign In