VP - Strategic Insights & Research
Los Angeles, CA, USA | Discovery Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:107 people have viewed this job
The VP of Strategic Insights & Research will lead all research efforts and functions and serve as the team leader and primary point of contact for Discovery Channel and Science Channel. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, strategist and play a key role in connecting traditional research methodologies with evolving data analytics. The ideal candidate can be based in either New York or Los Angeles.
Develop and direct all network research efforts, utilize primary research, Nielsen ratings data and other consumer databases to develop programming, scheduling and marketing strategies. Will also be tasked to develop and maintain the health of the brand.
1. Act as a strategic advisor to network executive management team, effectively voicing fact-based insights and recommendations on issues relating to business goals and strategies.
2. Lead team in performing interpretive analyses to transform data into valuable information. Effectively communicate findings through written and physical presentations.
3. Provide thought leadership across multiplatform measurement strategy.
4. Oversee all stages of primary research including design, fieldwork, analysis and interpretation of research studies including program tests, as well as other qualitative and quantitative studies.
5. In collaboration with research team members, develop and direct special Nielsen studies to explore opportunity areas for audience growth and understanding.
6. Forecast future audience levels for the network and manage ad hoc revisions to the estimates; relate estimates to the business plan and aid in developing strategies to reach plan goals.
7. Track and assess impact of marketing and promotional efforts and advise on media plans.
8. Manage and mentor team in multiple offices.
* 10+ years of research experience at a full service market research company; Media experience preferred.
* Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Nielsen data and systems. Excellent analytical and mathematical abilities and knowledge of basic statistics required.
* Must have strong primary marketing research skills, including in-depth experience in a variety of research methods (both quantitative and qualitative).
* Identify influencing industry changes and trends, and proactively inform team in order to stay competitive.
* Computer proficiency mandatory including in-depth knowledge of spreadsheet and graphics packages (preferably Excel and PowerPoint).
* Excellent people management skills. Ability to lead a team based in multiple locations and time zones.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written are a must; strong project management skills are also essential.
* Demonstrated ability to synthesize research findings to “tell a story” with action-oriented implications is critical.
* Candidate will also possess high level of maturity and professionalism and must demonstrate ability to function in a team environment.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US.
Already a member? Sign In