VP, Strategic Partnerships
Remote, GA, USA | Sage
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
The VP of Strategic Partnerships is a senior leadership role that is responsible for driving strategic and commercial impact from all top tier managed partnerships at Sage. Partnering with top tier technology, SI, and platform technology partners will help Sage accelerate towards our mission of being a great SaaS company. This role will also serve to lead Sage’s global accounting strategy as accountantancies represent a signifcant partnering opportunity for Sage. This role will explore and refine specific strategies for global accounting associations, networks, and the big 7 firms.
The VP of strategic partnerships will be responsible and accountable for the global strategy for each partner, relationship mapping, and holding the GEOs and SEGMENTs accountable for all local GTM sales performance and adherence to all OEM/product based contractual commitments. This role will be accountable for designing and implementing a clear business rhythm and insure that all segment and GEO executives take an active part in that business rhythm.
This role will serve to lead a team of highly skilled partnership directors and managers and will be expected to positively and seamlessly collaborate with stakeholders in our selling regions, product/segment teams, and other central functions at Sage. This role is much more about leveraging strong relationships externally and internally to land specific commercial value in our selling regions. To that end, this role is a hunter and cultivator of the greatest talent on the planet. Leading and continuously energizing the team and important stakeholders is key to success.
This team of business development executives will be accountable for significantly advancing Sage’s native cloud strategy and drive net new ARR through and with those alliance partners. This team is also responsible for selecting and on-boarding new strategic partnerships that can accelerate Sage towards our native cloud strategy.
•Leading and coaching a best in class team of partnership directors/managers for specific technology companies, systems integrators, strategic ISVs, and global accountancy organizations
• Developing a global strategy and business plan for each strategic partner and take accountability to drive GEO sales performance/investments
• Drive accountability of all contractual commitments made by our product and segment teams – with our key technology partners
• Owning all strategic platform, technology, SI, Accounting, and other key strategic partnership relationships
• Own the executive sponsorship mapping and rhythm of the business between Sage and all key partnerships
• Develop and manage the evolving definition of strategic partnership and own the internal RACI in a highly matrixed setting
• Develop a strategic partners GEO framework including the ownership of specific roles in our selling regions
• Own the internal 360 relationship and drive accountability of all contracts with Sages top strategic partnerships
• Be a significant part of the Partner Center of Excellence leadership team and provide internal and external insight to continually evolve the partner strategy at Sage
• Speak at Sage and other key industry events
• Inspirational leader, with strong mentoring, coaching and motivational skills
• Ability to embrace a growth mindset and inspire others to do the same – Expansive thinking is a must
• Ability to manage and lead teams remotely and work effectively across a highly matrixed organization
• Significant experience building and deep relationships with top global companies in the industry – and successfully landing commercial impact
• Recognized brand and identity as a transformational leader
• Evangelist for change and ability to drive change and align leaders and colleagues towards a common misson
• Passion for building a powerful ecostyem and evangelism skills/talents
• Knowledge of industry trends and impact on all partner types
• Understanding and passion for leveraging the strategic partnerships at Sage
• Proven record of creating and delivering successful partner / alliance strategies with the ability to switch between tactical and strategic initiatives
• International experience is a huge plus
• Significant experience in negotiating, influencing and presenting at a senior level
• Deadline and target / KPI driven, effective planner
• Outstanding commercial awareness
Already a member? Sign In