VP, Strategy and Business Development - Strategy
New York, NY, USA | Fiserv
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
The VP, Strategy & Business Development, will report directly to the Chief Growth Officer (CGO) and will work in partnership with Fiserv business leaders to lead enterprise strategy, acquisitions, and business development initiatives that enhance client value and accelerate growth. The candidate will be responsible for accelerating revenue growth through key initiatives and helping shape the group strategy.
The team will support the advancement of the group’s five key imperatives for Fiserv:
1. Defining the Fiserv 2.0 strategy, including company structure, brand positioning, mission and vision for the next stage of global growth.
2. Identifying inorganic (acquisition and partnerships) focus areas and executing the key transactions.
3. Supporting the cultural and organizational evolution of Fiserv to drive a client-first mindset and world-class partnerships.
4. Recasting our go-to-market approach to better serve customers holistically and accelerate revenue growth outside the core.
5. Driving new and differentiated holistic partnerships with the most strategic global clients.
This individual will be an expert in payments, financial technology, and strategy. S/he will have a proven track record in leading teams to commercial success. S/he will be adept at working across global, highly matrixed organizational environments, and will possess an ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Define and lead the development of long-term strategic priorities, from ideation to execution, that support Fiserv’s mission and vision, and generate incremental stakeholder value.
- Formulate clear and compelling narratives that articulate Fiserv’s long-term strategic priorities and highlight the company’s competitive differentiation and value creation strategies.
- Serve as a cross-functional leader who facilitates stakeholder engagement and drives execution of key projects from start to finish. Additionally, effectively communicate results to senior leaders using in-depth quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Conduct and lead key qualitative (e.g. strategy development, competitive intelligence and market research, industry analysis) and quantitative (e.g. financial modeling) analyses that support the CGO’s acquisition and business development strategy.
- Manage periodic financial planning and analysis processes, including senior leadership reporting, forecasting and budgeting, scenario planning, and annual planning/offsite. In addition, develop key performance indicators that track business performance against strategic priorities.
- Partner with senior leaders and investor relations to prepare board materials, earnings presentations, and other ad-hoc strategic reporting deliverables.
- Support the operational needs of the CGO’s division and the seamless functioning of the CGO’s office.
- Develop a team of high performers that clearly demonstrate Fiserv’s values, and manage and mentor junior staff.
This leader has a demonstrated track record of leadership, commercial success, and driving organizational change. This individual will possess the following experiences and characteristics:
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate finance, corporate strategy and development, investment banking, and/or private equity.
- Prior experience in, and deep knowledge of, banking/financial services, payments, fintech, and software industries.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in highly ambitious and fast-paced settings with minimal guidance, and navigate competing priorities to drive initiatives to completion.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to distill complex topics in a clear and succinct manner, no matter what the medium (e.g. memos, reports, presentations, meetings).
- Ability to partner closely with key business leaders and points of contact; develop and cultivate strong relationships with these stakeholders.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Already a member? Sign In