Remote, CA, USA | Phase2 Technology
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
Our remote first employees join and stay at Phase2 to be a force. In pursuit of digital experience that advances the human experience, you will do your best work, live fully, and succeed as team.
We are a digital agency rooted in technology, passionate about customer experience, and grounded in data and insights. We guide industry-leading companies to what’s next in their digital landscape. In short, we make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact.
Our strategy group comprises expert practitioners in digital marketing, marketing intelligence and operations, UX and product strategy and management. Our combined research, data and insights based approach ensures that our clients’ digital experiences not only achieve business outcomes and serve user needs, but put them on the path to digital transformation and innovation. These sets of skills are essential to how Phase2 approaches our work because in collaboration with creative and engineering, they ensure we envision and deliver digital experience that advances the human experience.
As VP, Strategy, you’ll set the vision for how we best deliver experience strategy for our clients, staying in tune with market insights, emerging trends and best practices, and working across the company to drive team integration and innovation.
We are seeking an experienced multidisciplinary practitioner and leader. This is largely a general manager role. You’ll collaborate with your team and across the company to ensure our teams provide creative, innovative, and effective results, profitably. Process, management, issue resolution, and capability maturation and innovation are key responsibilities. To remain connected to our work, you’ll monitor our teams' performance, engage with our sales team on business development, create and publish thought leadership and work directly for clients when the most senior expertise and guidance is required.
The VP, Strategy is a member of Phase2’s senior leadership team, which comprises the VPs of Delivery, Marketing, and the Managing Directors of our Client Servicesteam. This team collaborates closely on selling and delivering results for Phase2’s clients, ensuring success for our clients, our team members, and Phase2.
This position reports to EVP, Delivery.
Salary Band: $154,000 - $195,000
- A deep background in the strategy and experience design of digital products—business and marketing strategy, technology, user experience, and performance measurement
- Ability to go big or small, excelling at high-level conceptual digital strategy work and the nitty-gritty of digital implementation, prototyping, and results tracking
- A commitment to focus on the essential solutions to business needs
- Mastery in pitching to tough crowds. Your ideas bring original and insights-based solutions to some of the most influential organizations in the world. You clear the path from status quo to the right solutions, inspiring people to think differently.
- Inspirational leadership to our clients in a hands-on/executional way, understanding the synergy gained in contributing your point of view—and your work product—alongside your creative and engineering colleagues
- A unique approach to rooting out and solving problems, adding value to existing products and deriving positives from negatives
- Skills to drive the digital experience vision from pitch through execution—inspiring creative and technical teams, providing feedback and guidance, rolling up your sleeves to get it done, and re-engaging and re-inspiring clients to ensure they’re driving towards the right outcomes and business results
- Ability to build strategy capabilities and to implement process improvements that further company strategic goals
- Manage directors of UX, Product, Digital Strategy, and Data & Insights, and their teams (~30 people)
- Create and manage professional development options and budget for the Strategy Group and in collaboration with the other VPs of Delivery
- Oversee department bi-annual performance reviews, promotions process and merit increases. Manage departmental salary budget
- Plan and coordinate with team leads and VPs of Delivery on staffing, resourcing and hiring needs
- Serve as escalation and coordination point for individual, team, and client issues. Encourage a culture of direct feedback and issue resolution. Eschew triangulation. Identify and solve root issues with an eye to action
- Working with company leadership, identify and help develop digital marketing, marketing operations, and experience strategy capabilities
- Support sales and business development with solution consulting, assistance in writing proposals, and pitching work to prospects
- Consistently publish and participate in thought leadership to support marketing, account development, and sales, and work with your team to ensure these needs are met
- Strengthen Phase2’s ability to execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively. Ensure processes are documented and adhered to, with a focus on providing the simplest, most effective and impactful approaches, delivered in a cross-functional team environment
- Integration is a key function of this role. The VP, Strategy plays a primary role in ensuring collaboration and breaking down silos.
- Work with other delivery, sales, and marketing teams to ensure the client experience (deliverables and results) are flawlessly executed
- 10+ years of experience in digital and experience design strategy including experience at a digital agency
- Experience working in the healthcare, financial services and/or public sector is a plus
- Proven track record of success across varying types of digital products, leading integrated agency teams, and launching results-driven digital experiences
- Experience developing overall digital strategies as well as strategies for specific parts of the digital ecosystem, including website, mobile, eCRMs, and digital marketing tactics.
- Track record of working in collaborative, fast-paced environments, while navigating the demands of project structure and process
- Fluency in modern product strategy, development, UX, and web and digital analytics methodologies and deliverables (ex: design thinking, product development lifecycle, experience mapping, research and synthesis, KPI/OKR development, strategy, frameworks, workshop development and facilitation, attribution and measurement modeling, etc.)
- Exemplary communication in written, oral, and visual capacities; including the lost art of listening
- Must embody and personify Phase2’s core values: authenticity, big thinking, collaboration, problem-solving, and adaptability
- Phase2 is committed to transparency for career advancement. Eligibility for advancement is dependent on:
- Performance Management evaluation history indicating strong performance and exceeding expectations of current role
- Consistent demonstration of successfully executing the minimum qualifications of the next level
- Endorsement from senior leadership and peers
- This is a senior level role at Phase2 that does not have a specific career progression path.
Working at Phase2
At Phase2, we want you to be a force. Not for just one thing, but for your thing: the intersection of your expertise and your passion. And we will help you achieve it.
You are not just your expertise. You are a whole and complete story, and we invite all of it. We live fully with dynamic careers because we know that your best self is your whole self. That means we build authentic relationships with each other, there is no hidden home life, your schedule is your own, and the quirks that define you are storied.
Our formula for impact weaves together our brains and our spirits. We enchant with logic and lead with courage. We are questioners, nerds, and inventors—logicians at heart who meet challenges with curiosity and a “what’s next” spirit.
When we work as one, we are potent and powerful. We succeed together. Your team will give you the autonomy you want and will always challenge, support, and advocate for you—and together you will achieve more than you ever could alone.
We live our passion—ignite change and share it with the world.
Already a member? Sign In