VP, Supply Chain
Loveland, CO, USA | Cepheid
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Functions:Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, chemistry, software and service for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
Ensure water quality for people around the world.
We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
For additional company details, see www.hach.com
Reporting to the Vice President Operations, the Vice President Supply Chain will be a key member of the senior management team responsible for Hach’s Supply Chain portfolio by leading the strategy design/implementation of Supply Chain including all sourcing, procurement, planning & logistics relationships at Hach to support Hach’s continued success in driving technology innovation, commercial execution and Lean across the globe.
This role is accountable for directing a large contract portfolio facilitating new agreements. Creates and executes the sourcing strategy, optimizing existing Group Purchasing Organizations relationships at Water Quality Platform (WQP) level, negotiating contracts, and designing and executing against innovative sourcing arrangements to achieve savings and build and maintain a competitive contract portfolio. This includes ensuring global strategy execution and regional adoption / adaptation where appropriate, global consistency and processes, including effectively leveraging Danaher Business System (DBS) tools the Danaher Materials System (DMS) and sharing best practices. The role serves as an internal advocate of Hach product and service standardization and utilization initiatives to improve, collaborate and support department managers by eliminating barriers, formulating alternative solutions, understanding cost models, and determining acceptability of product alternatives. Accountable for savings from pipeline generation, consensus building, and implementation of new recurring expense reductions.
Make a difference - join us to ensure water quality for people around the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The position will create and implement short and long-term strategic supply chain direction for the portfolio of businesses globally, driving a resilient supply chain for Hach and the WQP.
- Creates environment of operational excellence and continuous improvement through partnering with customers, WQP Leaders, and team members to meet or exceed delivery and pricing goals
- Develop a comprehensive Supply Chain strategy that supports our businesses in both maximizing procurement savings for goods and services as well as improved overall supplier service levels
- Assess business needs for Supply Chain support and build out and execute on an organizational plan that will meet or exceed those needs
- New Product Introduction Readiness (collaborating with cross functional teams such as Product Management, R&D to ensure each tollgate is delivered on-time and on-budget)
- Develop and implement required processes to ensure that supply chain improvements are defined and measured in all areas
- Provide support directly, or through the Supply Chain team, to the branch businesses on all direct material and subcontractor purchases
- Make recommendations for actions for short-term execution which will directly improve delivery of 2022 targets and the longer term which will improve the VAVE and PPV project funnels for cost down targets in 2022 and beyond
- Assess and evaluate sourcing/procurement and sustaining engineering organization in terms of structure, resources, teamwork and individual capability.
- Current VAVE and PPV strategies and action plans and their risks in delivering the cost down target for 2022.
- Sourcing and procurement processes and the leverage/maturity of DBS
- Communicate trends and concerns to executive team and develop strategies to mitigate throughout the enterprise
- Travel extensively globally, internally and externally, to Gemba (sites with sourcing/procurement teams, key suppliers and materials functions and manufacturing / materials flow)
- Effectively engage with WQP corporate leaders to ensure alignment of strategy and tactics to meet and/or exceed business objectives
- Strive towards achieving outstanding supplier performance by driving continuous improvement initiatives and active collaboration with strategic suppliers
- Act as the Center of Excellence at WQP level through understanding of the products, their application, industry trends, competitive landscape, and future technologies & innovations.
- Drive procurement process improvements and automation
- Build high reliability culture through effective management/development of policies, processes, and team focused on exceeding organizational goals
- Responsible to create and implement cost reduction, aggregation, and integration strategies for the company
- Influence Hach performance through highly effective corporate supply chain services for sourcing, utilization, and data management
OTHER NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related discipline (Transportation, Operations, etc.) or 15+ years of equivalent experience Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in a leadership or management position within a manufacturing industry required
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in a Strategic Sourcing senior leadership role, supporting multiple businesses across a multi-region geography or equivalent experience with procurement-related compliance and risk management
- Leadership of a team of Supply Chain professionals
- Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end supply chain strategy
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a dynamic environment with financial constraints
- Experience in Chemistry, Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Lean / Process Improvement mindset, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent data analytical and modeling skills required while displaying financial and business acumen.
- Motivated, flexible, and creative leader; able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, demanding and changing environment
- Strong executive presence, communication skills, emotional intelligence, collaboration and partnering skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- MS Office skills, Oracle, and Power BI
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and workspace restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
The hourly rate or salary range for this role is $195,800-$217,400. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
Already a member? Sign In