VP Talent Acquisition
Pittsburgh, PA, USA | HM Health Solutions
Job Description:87 people have viewed this job
• This job will lead the Human Resources Talent Acquisition Function and will be accountable for adopting leading practices to deliver exceptional experiences for enterprise leaders at every Recruiting touchpoint. Develops recruitment strategy to achieve quality of hire, time to fill and diversity targets across the Highmark Health enterprise. Sets the overall functional strategy and direction to ensure the tactical execution for the design and delivery of talent acquisition is enabled by leveraging emerging technologies and best practices. Directs best-in-class talent practices/policies and serves as a thought partner and problem-solver for the business and Human Resources. The incumbent will enable recruiting and sourcing strategies consistently across the enterprise to attract and retain top talent in the market at all levels
Ensures talent strategies align with short and long-term organizational objectives and culture evolution. Guides the development and implementation of employment branding to ensure the Enterprise and its business units support becoming an employer of choice that delivers upon the Mission, Vision and Values of the Enterprise. Leads the organization in attraction and retention of qualified, diverse, flexible, and nimble workforce that meets current and projected needs as well as maintaining an external pipeline. The incumbent will own and direct the day-to-day operations of the department and establish departmental workflow for multiple and simultaneous end-to-end processes. Will require continuous prioritization of work, innovative solutions, and continuous improvement practices as a key accountability.The incumbent will receive input or work from various functions across HR to be supported and managed. Oversees all strategic partnerships related to Talent Acquisition vendors, processes, and programs including, but not limited to relocation assistance, intern, and summer youth programs.
• Establish and implement talent acquisition strategies and tactics that effectively attract a customer-responsive, skilled, and performance-based workforce.
• Perform management responsibilities to include but are not limited to involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
• Strategize, plan, organize, staff, and oversee operations of the department; ensuring development and implementation of policies and programs as necessary; will have budgetary responsibility and authority.
• Develop talent acquisition processes, plans, programs, and strategies to support the achievement of the overall Enterprise as well as individual business unit objectives - ensuring a focus on both today's needs and tomorrow's skill requirements.
• Lead the strategic vision for creative candidate pipelining and sourcing via appropriate social media, internet, web search engines and other “alternative” recruiting manners/methods.
• Oversees targeted executive searches as well as providing leadership of critical vacancies.
• Develops high-volume recruitment strategies.
• Continuously reviews metrics to measure the activities and effectiveness of Talent Acquisition activities and uses this information to drive change improvements needed.
• Drives company strategy by working closely with senior leaders, providing insight, suggesting resources and tools to enhance the Talent Acquisition process.
• Partners and supports pipeline strategies in tandem with enterprise-wide initiatives.
• Ensure compliance with all appropriate government, regulatory and client-required applicant tracking systems.
• Lead others to a common understanding of human capital objectives and standards involved in sourcing, pipeline development, and recruiting.
• Supports and consultants with stakeholders on organizational design and organizational effective endeavors throughout the Enterprise that will impact Talent acquisition.
• Gather market research and competitive intelligence to gain a deep understanding of recruitment CX best practices and how they can be implemented within the ongoing Talent Acquisition strategy.
• Continuously research emerging technology and benchmarks in the recruiting space to drive innovative solutions and continually assess current practices for efficiency.
• Ensures teams evaluate, implement, test, and deploy needed solutions in partnership with internal technology teams.
• Evaluates labor market data on a regular cadence, with an emphasis on critical roles and alignment with Highmark Health’s Enterprise Talent Strategy. Partner with Total Rewards team to ensure Total Rewards strategy addresses market competitiveness needs for recruitment.
• Develops & manages the strategy for utilization of external third-party vendor partners in support recruiting strategies and initiatives
• Supports company strategy by working closely with senior leaders, providing insight, suggesting resources and tools to continuously enhance the Talent Acquisition Strategy.
• Oversees implementation of Highmark Health’s enterprise employer brand strategy and related projects for the Highmark Health enterprise (parent and subsidiary companies). Ensuring we teams are increasing employer awareness and positioning Highmark Health enterprise as an employer of choice
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor's Degree in HR or Business Related
• 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
• Master's Degree in HR or Business
• 10 years of HR functional expertise in multiple disciplines
• 10 years in a leadership role
• 7 years with Continuous Improvement Practices
• 7 years of Customer Facing experience
• 7 years interacting with executive leadership
• 5 years with employer branding and/or recruitment marketing
• 5 years with recruiting strategy development and execution
• 7 years with compliance, immigration, and OFFCP regulations for hiring practices
• Healthcare/Health Insurance industry
• Working in complex, matrixed environments
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
• Strategic Thinking
• Strong analytical and project organization skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives
• Operational Management
• Business, Financial, technical and HR Acumen
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to synthesize and analyze data to influence decision-making
• Leading continuous improvement practices
• Utilizing technology and systems to streamline repeatable and transactional processes
• Incorporating process and program changes
• Managing in matrix environment
• Strong critical thinking and ideation
• Goal, results, and solutions oriented
• Leadership and Executive presence with the ability to influence, negotiation and build credibility with all levels of employees and stakeholders
Already a member? Sign In