VP Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Denver, CO, USA | Computershare
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
Location: United States- Remote
We Give You A World of Potential
Computershare Loan Services has an amazing opportunity to join our Finance leadership team as VP Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting.
Before we tell you more about the role, it’s important for you to know a few things about the department that make this such a great place to work, as well as Computershare as a whole.
Computershare Loan Services US comprises Specialized Loan Services, Capital Markets Cooperative, and Computershare Property Solutions providing a broad range of mortgage servicing, property management, origination fulfilment, and capital markets services to investors and operators in the US mortgage industry.As a fully owned subsidiary of Australia-based Computershare (AUS stock ticker CPU) with multiple mortgage-licensed entities in the US, CLS US is required to produce financial statements on both International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) basis for global consolidation and GAAP basis for standalone regulatory reporting/audit.
Growth in size and complexity of CLS US businesses, including material Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) position and minority interests in related Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV) established for third-party investment in MSRs serviced by CLS, coupled with requirement to maintain both IFRS and GAAP accounting/reporting/compliance require expert leadership to navigate complex technical matters as well as external relationships.
So, now that you know this is a tremendous department in a company that truly supports their employees, I’m sure you’ll want to find out more about the role and what you’ll be involved in.
A Role You Will Love
As Vice President Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, you will report to CLS’ Commercial Finance Director and partner with CLS’ SVP Controller as well as Computershare’s Group Financial Controller to (1) administer IFRS/GAAP technical accounting with respect to MSRs and SPVs, (2) manage production of GAAP financial statements and related regulatory filings, (3) monitor regulatory and bank financial covenants, and (4) lead ongoing development of related policies and procedures.
You will be a key member of the CLS Finance leadership team playing proactive controller, business partner, and change agent roles in a fast-paced environment; and will play a central role with respect to accounting policy development/execution as well as external/internal financial reporting and coordination with external/internal auditors.
Lead team responsible for technical accounting, financial reporting, and controllership functions.Evaluate, recommend, and implement accounting policies/practices.Develop strong internal control and legal/regulatory compliance environment.Drive related process and technology improvements in partnership with Finance, IT, and business functions.
What Will You Bring to The Role?
- Lead team of 5-10 professionals responsible for technical accounting, financial reporting, regulatory filings, and covenants monitoring.Conduct recruiting, learning & development, goal setting, and performance management to achieve objectives.Promote Finance leadership model playing proactive controller, business partner, and change agent roles.
- Oversee complex monthly closing, reporting, analysis, and reconciliation of MSR and SPV accounts.Direct related audit/tax and transactional decision support, liaising with external/internal auditors and CPU Tax team as well as CLS Transaction Management.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement CLS technical accounting policies/practices in partnership with CPU and external auditors/consultants.Maintain strong internal control and legal/regulatory compliance disciplines, liaising with CLS Compliance team.
- Partner with CLS SVP Controller broadening/deepening management reporting focused on balance sheet positions and collaborate with CLS SVP Commercial Finance in developing pro forma GAAP financials as part of financial covenants monitoring disciplines.
- Drive functional/business focus on controllership/compliance objectives as well as financial management of MSRs and SPVs.Spearhead ongoing identification/prioritization/execution of related process and technology improvements in partnership with Finance, IT, and business functions.
- Progress assembling talent and building high-performing team reducing reliance on external contractors
- Efficient/effective process management and communication with key stakeholders
- Proactive analysis and recommendations with respect to accounting P&P and compliance
- Progress developing management reporting and covenants monitoring
- Effectiveness strengthening financial management and driving continuous improvement
- GAAP expertise required, with IFRS preferred
- Control design/implementation & process management
- Financial statement preparation & external/regulatory reporting
- Broad knowledge of GL accounting systems and related sub-ledgers, with Oracle platform and mortgage industry applications (e.g. Accounting for Mortgage Bankers or Loan Vision) preferred
- 10-15 years relevant experience including 5-10 years in management roles required, with combination of technical and operational responsibilities preferred
- Mortgage industry required, with Servicing and Big 4 Accounting preferred
- Organizational leadership, coaching, and development
- Positive and proactive service/solutions orientation coupled with strong verbal communication and written presentation skills
- Process and change management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills coupled with detail/fact-based orientation and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Cross-functional communication, collaboration, and teamwork
- CLS’ profitable growth, centred around Servicing, remains a top CPU global priority which requires expert leadership to navigate complex technical matters and regulatory requirements with respect to material investments in MSRs and related SPVs
- Positive, professional, and collaborative communication/teamwork skills will be required for effective team- and partnership-building
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; and CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
A Company to Be Proud Of
Computershare is a world leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across 21 different countries. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere.
Rewards You Will Love
- If you start a career with Computershare your benefits package is centred around your wellbeing and prosperity, so in addition to your salary you will receive this full rewards package.
- Compensation. Colorado only estimated$150,000K+ base (Eligible for Computershare discretionary bonus)
- Employee Share Plan. Buy shares in our company using salary sacrifice and receive a generous company contribution.
- Live well. Be Well. Our rewards include a medical insurance plan designed for your needs, as well as dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- Save for Your Future. We will contribute into a savings plan to help you prepare for your future retirement.
- Generous Leave. Our employees enjoy a generous entitlement to paid leave as well as the option to ‘buy back’ additional annual leave days.
- Employee Discounts. We've built relationships with other organisations to offer you extra discounts. Save with banks, car manufacturers on days out, flights and accommodation, as well as with many big brand shops.
- Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus referral programmes our comprehensive benefits package also has extra rewards.
We’ve kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.
We’re currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
A Diverse and Inclusive Place to Work
- Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
- We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
- The more we value and draw upon different perspectives, the better equipped we'll be to solve the challenges of a constantly evolving business environment, and to fulfil the expectations of our customers around the world.
- Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Already a member? Sign In