VP Technology Futures and Innovation
N/A, United Arab Emirates | Leading Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace Company
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:65 people have viewed this job
This role will drive Technology transformation through systems, processes and people, playing a key role in the transformation of IT capabilities through a Technology capability change programme (HPT). This will impact the Groups ability to meet its objectives. The VP Technology Futures and Innovation strengthens and builds select mutually beneficial Technology strategic partnerships and propels the existing innovation lab into a Technology incubator that nurtures ideas through to being part of the portfolio of change with full business sponsorship.Through being an active member of the Technology Leadership Team, this role also has overarching accountability for the CTO office and will ensure that IT is run as a function.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS
1. Act as the custodian of the on-going definition, execution, management and continuous improvement of Leading Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace Company’s long-term IT capabilities and the associated operating model as part of an ‘on-going journey’ of transformation. In partnership with the Group CTO, lead the HPT change at the strategic and implementation levels and work closely with peers across the Technology leadership team and the wider teams to achieve the HPT goals.
0. Provide vision, direction and leadership to create innovation at scale by consolidating all the innovation initiatives as part of the Leading Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace Company incubation Lab as well as ensuring a continuous ear to the ground of global innovation in the IT space through strategic partnerships to ensure that Emirates remains at the forefront of technological innovation.Create and lead the innovation panel with senior stakeholders to manage the innovation corpus fund.Ensure life cycle governance by integrating the incubation lifecycle of ideation to production to the delivery framework based on clear ‘transition’ from ‘incubation’ portfolio to ‘delivery’ portfolio.
0. Establish the CTO office with responsibility for running IT as a function and oversee the functions that govern the areas of people/skills capacity planning (inclusive of skills academy and skills planning/pre-ordering capability), space planning/management, UAE Nationals development programme, strategic technology partnership, costing model/TBM office, technology communication centre, lean agile centre of excellence including implementing consistent agile ways of working.
0. Develop the overall skills/people capacity planning including the development of a skills academy in order to better plan people capacity and build the ‘pre ordering’ skills capability in collaboration with Talent Acquisition and resource managers. Manage an integrated IT capacity plan and rolling 12 months people capacity plan and skills academy plan as well as a centre of excellence through research that provides a futuristic view on skills and Talent sourcing.
1. Provide vision and leadership to the strategy, design and execution of a 360 degree communications plan which ensures engagement of Leading Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace Company Technology as well as the wider group and it’s senior leadership.
0. Develop the technology partnership strategy and the ecosystem of strategic technology partners. Drive continuous review of the technology partnership portfolio of Leading Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace Company Technology to ensure there is a partner/supplier relationship in place for all current and future IT services provided to Leading Airlines/Aviation/Aerospace Company and ensure that all aspects of supplier lifecycle management are adequately managed through a supplier relationship management (SRM) framework. Provide centralized payment/invoice reconciliation and provide a coordinated approach for interactions with P&L/Legal/Finance teams.
0. Establish position as a thought leader through context not control to lead, coach, and mentor a team of high performing IT professionals, providing continuous feedback and facilitating professional development.Enable that team to flourish and maintain a high level of engagement and productivity. Establish career development plans and enhancement of business and domain knowledge as required whilst promoting a culture of continuous feedback with clear goals to cultivate a culture of high performance.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
in Computer Science or other related field
leading a varied function at a senior level within the Technology field
Demonstrable experience driving IT strategy and capability building in large organisations
Architecture and system development experience
Technical strategy and planning in the context of Technology transformation
IT lifecycle management and technical governance
Technology capability building with deep knowledge of multiple technology domain and best practice