VP, Transformation Product Developer
New York, NY, USA | SMBC Group
Job Description:83 people have viewed this job
As part of SMBC Americas' strategy to build a commercially competitive, U.S. regulatory-based Commercial Investment Bank, SMBC Americas has launched an organizational transformation initiative to be executed through a 5-pillar program aligning all end-to-end efforts across the organization (the "Transformation Project"). A key requirement of the Transformation Project is the review of all current operating models across front-to-back functions of the legal entities comprising the SMBC Group Americas Division. The Transformation Product Developer will lead the development of proofs of concept initiatives which will bridge the gaps between current operating models and target operating models. The Transformation Product Developer will also help plan for and manage the implementation and execution of these initiatives into day-to-day business operations.
- Plan for and lead research and data/process intelligence gathering on assigned areas.
- Plan for and lead analysis of data/process intelligence and development of visual presentations that transform data points to business intelligence into organized, logical frameworks.
- Plan for and lead the development of and present trend analyses and conclusions based on such business intelligence.
- Develop and execute on proofs of concept on initiatives that address Transformation Project goals.
- Create information flow among Transformation Project teams members and stakeholders across legal entities.
- Develop and deliver training and materials for implementation of Transformation Project initiatives.
- Create and maintain an appropriate sense of urgency and collaboration among stakeholders to ensure change initiatives are delivered effectively.
- Provide general assistance to Transformation Project team members as needed.
- Maintain SMBC internal control standards.
- Significant knowledge of financial operations and planning, P&L analysis, financial modelling, controls management, MIS, data management and reporting processes related to commercial investment banks.
- Advanced ability to capture, organize, analyze and present high volumes of data into logical, decisionable groupings.
- Advanced knowledge of both program management and change management -- functionally, operationally and financially.
- Knowledge of SMBC's group structures, values, behaviors and processes.
- Highly developed sense of accountability and follow-through with an ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, projects and goals.
- Ability to understand complex and highly technical concepts, and ability to easily explain/translate them to peers.
- Strong relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals.
- Ability to be a self-starter by working independently to identify and/or complete tasks, and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously while interacting professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work by setting and meeting realistic deadlines, forecasting and communicating changes resulting from risks and issues, while ensuring a high level of fiscal control and accountability for project budget and resources.
Already a member? Sign In