VP - UK Regulatory Financial Reporting
Mumbai, India | Global Securities, Investment and Retail Banking Firm
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
The candidate will lead the UK Financial Reporting team in India covering the preparation and review of Regulatory Returns to the PRA and the Bank of England requirement to implement Financial. The candidate will be managing a team of 10 people split into two sub-teams and will have the following responsibilities:
- Review and sign off on Financial Returns to be submitted to the PRA and Bank of England
- Strong hold on the end to end book of work of the team and end to end life cycle of Financial Reporting
- Maintain a good working relationship with the London team to ensure a one team dynamic
- Leading Projects that impact Financial returns and able to articulate and highlight the full impact of the projects on the returns.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of all manual adjustments posted to the regulatory returns.
- Able to add value to the process in terms of building enhanced controls, identify areas of process automation.
- Provide career pathing support to the team and able to troubleshoot add provide guidance to the team.
- Lead and Partner across teams on locally driven initiatives.
Qualifications and skill sets –
1.Chartered Accountant with 10+ years of experience preferably in Regulatory financial reporting / IFRS / UK GAAP
2. Good academics and strong accounting knowledge.
3. Strong accounting knowledge with experience in Book closure and finalizing accounts.
4. Strong control mind-set. Analytical skills.
5. Ability to multi-task under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and quality.
6. Has prior experience of managing a team delivering Financial Reports.
7. Good Communication and organizational skills including partnering skills and proactiveness.
8. Enthusiastic, with a positive can do attitude
9. Strong PC skills including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and Outlook.
10. Investment banking product knowledge including derivatives, equities and debt securities.