VP Underwriting, Excess Casualty Energy
Houston, TX, USA | Chubb
Industry:Insurance - General
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Contribute to the achievement of the Chubb Energy Excess Casualty Division objectives while maintaining profitability. Located in Houston, TX this position is responsible for managing the regional underwriting operations and production growth/profitability of underwriting business in the Southwest Region.
This position involves planning, coordination, and implementation of the Chubb Energy Excess Casualty Business Plan. Incumbent will be expected to:
· Develop sales and cross marketing strategies to ensure that the Chubb Energy Excess Casualty presence, commitment, and capabilities are maximized in the region.
· Expand existing relationships where appropriate.
· Develop competitive information, and recommending cross marketing sales initiatives.
· Implement underwriting objectives by review, evaluation, selection and pricing of individual risks.
· Maintain service standards by timely response to broker request and timely submission of quotations, cover notes and policies.
· Provide statistical analysis of market condition, loss experience, profit results of underwriting programs and other data as needed.
· Manage regional underwriting operations and production growth/profitability of underwriting business in the Southwest region.
· Work with Chubb’s Canadian Casualty underwriting team to provide underwriting opinions and account reviews for Canadian Energy accounts.
·Provide leadership and proactive participation within the Chubb Major Accounts Energy Practice.
•In-depth knowledge of underwriting products and concepts, as evidence by 10+ years’ experience in the insurance arena or related field.
•Demonstrated knowledge of all principles and details of the casualty product lines. Excess Casualty and Energy risk Underwriting experience preferred.
•Extensive knowledge of the local insurance environment a must.
•Exceptional communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to maintain effective communications, both internally and in the market place.
· Management experience preferred.
•Ability to market and produce profitable new business, balanced between marketing and technical skills.
•Commitment to provide superior service to customers and clients.
•Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
•Ability to self-manage, organize and prioritize work with limited direction.
•In-depth familiarity with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.