VP/Director - Mergers & Acquisitions
Alpharetta, GA, USA | Ceridian
Industry:HR / Recruitment Services
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:94 people have viewed this job
Are you a fierce competitor who loves to win?
Are you an over-achiever who thrives off continuous improvement?
Can you create an immediate rapport with others?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you may just be who we are looking for to join our growing team. Named one the 2018 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor, a certified Great Place to Work and a Top 100 Company for Working Mothers, Ceridian is leading the HCM space in people, culture and technology.
Ceridian, a SaaS software company provides human resources, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management capabilities in a single solution called Dayforce. Our platform helps our customers manage the entire employee lifecycle, from recruiting and onboarding, to paying people and developing their careers. Ceridian provides solutions for organizations of all sizes, from small businesses to global organizations.
Ceridian’s brand promise is “Makes Work Life Better.” We deliver on that promise by living our values, which are customer focus, transparency, diligence, optimism, and agility. These values reflect who we are and serve as a roadmap for how we plan to achieve our goals as an organization.
You will get to:
Develop and execute Ceridian’s Global M & A strategy and process, including but not limited to: building a customized M&A pipeline aligned with the strategic vision of our business, overseeing the management of all applicable phases of the M&A process, and looking beyond the current market to identify critical opportunities for Ceridian’s future growth.
We need you to:
• Work with the Chief Strategy Officer and other senior leaders to lead the corporate and business development activities for market and product expansion.
• Understand the company strategy and portfolio objectives; build a strategy that includes a product gap analysis, buy-build-partner analysis, etc.
• Develop product and industry specific market maps which will drive Ceridian’s acquisition targeting strategy.
• Create and maintain strategic relationships with target company executives, industry and professional analysts and investment organizations who can assist in identifying potential target companies.
• Develop and lead the M&A pipeline, case development, deal structuring, contract negotiations and management of stakeholder expectations.
• Organize and lead the offer preparation, valuation, negotiation, development, and closing of deals.
• Identify potential opportunities, risks and synergies.
• Lead overall deal and due diligence activities and timelines; coordinate functional diligence reviews such as finance, tax, legal, people (HR), technology, etc.
• Partner with executives to lead plans for post-merger integrations; ensure the correct processes, incentives, and metrics are in place for a successful outcome.
You will be successful because you:
• Are a highly motivated, energetic individual who is passionate about organizational growth, thrives in a culture of excellence and drives results.
• Have been successful inspiring and leading cross functional teams while maintaining high levels of employee commitment and engagement.
• Have deep domain experience in M&A process with a history of successful transactions.
• Are motivated to win and outperform your peers.
• Have high expectations to succeed and don’t rest on previous accomplishments.
• Are exact, precise and highly organized demanding quality in all efforts.
• Are confident and engaging and influence others through trust, respect and highly communicative relationships at all levels.
• Prioritize competing initiatives, can balance needs of the market with the strategies of Ceridian, and can clearly articulate the rationale behind your decisions.
• Want to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to deliver for the business.
• Have strong Excel modeling capabilities and PowerPoint skills.
What Ceridian will provide to you:
• A fast moving, innovative culture where people are at the core of what we do.
• The opportunity to be on the ground floor influencing Ceridian’s future success.
• The power to make decisions that are in the best interest of Ceridian and our people.
• A highly flexible work environment so you can be the best version of yourself at and away from work.
• Opportunities to grow and expand your career in many different directions.
• Amazing people whom you will build deep relationships with over time.
• A leadership team who listens with intent and acts on recommendations.
• Competitive compensation, benefits and lots of great perks along the way.
What you will bring to Ceridian:
• MBA from a top-tier school
• 2+ years of experience at a top investment bank or consulting firm
• 10 + collective years of experience
• Strong experience in high-growth business management and fast-paced product and technology transitions
• Software and SaaS domain expertise
• Ideally 3-5 years working in a similar role in a similar organization to Ceridian
• Demonstration of consistently exceeding your performance targets
• High level of detail orientation
Already a member? Sign In