VP/Director of Finance
Goleta, CA, USA | Robert Half International
Industry:HR / Recruitment Services
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The director of finance also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
• Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
• Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
• Arranges for audits as required and appropriate.
• Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
• Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
• Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
• Responsible for leading managers of the division and indirectly responsible for all employees with in the division.
Preferred Education and Experience
Degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience.
10 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company.
Financial Reporting, Budgeting - Forecasting, General Ledger, CPA, CPA. For more information, please call Tami Erickson at 805-568-0838 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In