Toronto, Canada | Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
What to expect:
You will be an individual contributor, who with minimal supervision, builds complex analyses to evaluate assumptions, premiums and risk, analyzes industry factors that affect loss liabilities, and consults with clients on reinsurance actuarial services that assess and mitigate risk. This actuary is a strategic partner with brokers and clients helping to find the solutions to client problems.You need to be able to work hand in hand with the actuarial and broking teams to ensure client and broking needs are met, analytics resources are used appropriately and GC Analytics is supporting and strengthening the relationship with the client.
You will be a strategic partner with brokers and clients helping to find the solutions to client problems.The senior actuary needs to be able to work hand in hand with the broking teams to ensure analytics resources are used appropriately, client needs are met, and GC Analytics is supporting and strengthening the relationship with the client.
We expect a senior leader to be able to meet with a client to discuss risks and concerns as well as potential solutions without having fully reviewed the company’s actuarial data, based on experience and general reinsurance market knowledge.You will work closely with the brokers to understand the issues and be fully engaged in discussions to find the right solutions, adding value to the process beyond the results of an actuarial analysis.
What's in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership throughout business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one.
- After six months, eligible for participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
We will count on you to:
- Consult with brokers on client's needs and advise on reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level and industry trends to help clients mitigate risk
- Implement complex models/calculations to assess risk and develop pricing and strategies for a range of risk exposures for clients
- Act independently to propose actuarial services and valuations clients on their current and future needs to help them mitigate risk
- Modify complex specialty models, and propose more value added models to brokers and clients to assess their risk exposure and forecast risks, losses and financial impact
- Expand client services beyond reinsurance transactions to drive business development
- Direct team to build complex specialty models to assess risk and develop pricing strategies for a range of risk exposures
- Advise senior management on issues, progress, etc., regularly in order to ensure the reinsurance transaction process
- Communicates strategically with brokers, re-insurers, and clients to anticipate clients’ needs and drive usage of reinsurance actuarial services
What you need to have:
- SVP: FCAS; at least 7-10 years in the industry
- VP: ACAS with 5 - 7 year in the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Pricing, valuation and/or capital modeling experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Visualization skills – Power BI, Tableau or similar.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Coding experience in programming languages (i.e. Alteryx, R, Python, VBA , SQL)
- Comfortable working in interactive teams with brokers, and clients
- Ability to lead day to day parts of the project and make decisions to keep projects moving forward
- Strong problem solving skills
What makes you standout:
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company’s 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Already a member? Sign In