Kettering, OH, USA | Tenneco
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®.The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Welding Engineer. This position will be Responsible for specifying, purchasing, implementing, and supporting automated arc welding systems used in a high volume automotive component manufacturing environment. This person will oversee tool & fixture design and equipment modification to support product changes, prepares estimates for capital, labor, and timing to support the new business quoting process. This role will support new customer programs through APQP and validate process changes through PPAP. They write appropriation requests to secure funding for improvements to safety, quality, delivery, and cost. The Welding Engineer will assist with interpreting results of destructive and non-destructive testing and metallographic tests and will lead plant efforts to determine root cause and eliminate welding and process related downtime, scrap and rework. The position will evaluate new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production process.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Extensive experience in weld tool/fixture and welding process development.
- Knowledge of CAD and functional expertise in application of GD&T.
- Thorough understanding of GMAW & GTAW, especially in robotic applications.
- Knowledge of and experience applying common automotive welding standards.
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel in support of job function (plants, customers, suppliers etc.) ; some overseas travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in welding operations or a combination of 5 years of experience in formal metallurgical education and welding experience.
- Automotive experience (strongly preferred)
- Resistance Welding experience
- Arc welding experience
Already a member? Sign In