Workday Financials Senior Consultant (CDS)
Virtual, IL, USA | Alight Solutions
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
As a CDS Workday Financials Consultant, a typical day to include the following:
- Responsible for leading all stages of the project lifecycle for the client, from requirements definition gathering to project planning and implementation. Liaison between clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday implementations.
- Individuals in this role may be expected to either:
- Manage and guide a team a small team of individuals as well as to take on a lead role within any project in which they may serve as an active participant OR
- Become the lead Subject Matter Expert within the Financials functional area of Workday.
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires tasks to be completely quickly and accurately.
- Use the methodology and processes to implement successfully while remaining agile and flexible to client changing needs.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure client is enthusiastic about Alight Solutions.
- Leads projects through all stages of the project life cycle.
- Leads discovery sessions to gather requirements to help refine Workday configuration.
- Analyzes, defines, configures and documents complex business requirements and processes.
- Lead configuration and business process walk through with the client.
- Build and test Workday and ensure that all requirements meet the client needs.
- Troubleshoot business processes, calculated fields, business logic, file loads and configuration.
- Completes assigned tasks in prescribed timelines consistent with deliverables and asks for support and direction as appropriate
- This role will develop your skills to grow towards a Workday Senior Consultant opportunity.
- Workday Financials Certification is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience implementing Financials systems. Such experience may include PeopleSoft, SAP, ADP, Oracle E-Business, Ultipro or other SaaS software solutions.
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Experience in transforming business requirements into complex system configurations.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills to be used to transform data. (advanced formulas).
- Possesses strong facilitation/presentation skills.
- Understands the scope and details of project plan and is able to identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility.
- Understands IT impact to the overall business and the purpose and process of operating plans.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks, responding with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
- High attention to detail with innate need to dig in and solve complex issues and thoroughly test solutions.
- Works well in a team, willing to help others and share information to create a collaborative working environment.
- Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Finance.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test.You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law.In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Already a member? Sign In