Workday Integrations Senior Consultant
Virtual, USA | Alight Solutions
Functions:Consulting - IT
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
Key applicant considerations for this role:
- position will provide opportunity for extensive client interaction as well as team leadership responsibilities on a key project for a top AMS account
- candidate will be part of Alight's efforts to expand its AMS presence and capabilities in the Western United States
- multiple years of Workday implementation is required (4+ preferred)
- position will be located in the Seattle/Bellevue Washington area
- candidate needs to be able to travel into client site daily in the Seattle/Bellevue Washington area
- candidate eligible for relocation assistance if not already in local market
As an AMS Workday Integrations Senior Consultant, a typical day to include the following:
- Analyzes, defines and documents complex business requirements and processes.
- Responsible for assisting the Resource Manager with staffing positions for integrations and updating the capacity planning sheet. Escalates resource needs and gaps as appropriate.
- Leads design and review sessions/workshops with technical and functional resources at all levels, including members of management.
- Understands the scope and details of project plan and is able to identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manages multiple, parallel projects using exceptional organizational and time management techniques to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Manages Workday projects through the various lifecycle stages, from business need through design and delivery.
- Performs senior consultant duties as the lead functional or technical consultant on Workday projects, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- As the lead Subject Matter Expert in a particular functional or technical area of Workday, will be expected to demonstrate deep knowledge and experience in this area of expertise. The SME will guide, recommend and lead the team through the project as it relates to this area.
- The Subject Matter Expert will provide guidance on how their area of capability can help resolve client needs and actively participates in all phases of the Workday life cycle.
- Monitors and manages prioritization and progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on project issues.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships.Communicates client feedback to leadership as appropriate.
- Suggests, implements and owns improvements and proactively addresses issues.Answers all inquiries in a timely basis.
- Is Solutions focused; does not just ask the question or raise the issue but provides options and leadership to solve the problem.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility for corporate funds, materials and resources.
- Understands the Workday technology through active and hands on integration development activity
- Demonstrates knowledge about the technology and participates in training and development initiatives to keep abreast of current trends and practices.
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information.
- Understands AMS impact to the overall business and the purpose and process of operating plans.
- Understands quality standards for own work and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate.
- Completes assigned tasks in prescribed timelines consistent with deliverables and asks for support and direction as appropriate.
- May provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members as an Alight People Manager.
- Grows talent through feedback, training and work experience; identifying strengths and improvements and using those as teachable moments allowing more junior colleagues to grow quickly.
- Influences a diverse team of resources in both experience and location.Expect to be able to manage a virtual team across the globe, ie US, Poland, India, etc.
- Primary point of contact/liaison for the AMS Account Manager. Partners with AMS Account Manager on ROMs, CR estimates and project status.
- Escalation point for Sev1/Sev 2 related issues.Ensures escalation and communication protocols are followed for critical integration failures or delays.
- Ensures proactive communication to AMS account managers on impacts associated with critical integration failures, delays and Workday. downtime.Ensure Workday Community alerts are reviewed for possible impacts to client integrations and communicates impact accordingly.
- Responsible for overall process adherence.
- Provides domain and client group status to senior managers.
- Leads project work efforts, supporting and driving POV and best practices during the implementation process.
- Collaborates with configuration and other AMS leads to build the AMS community, understanding POVs, building talent/skills.
- Supplements other integration roles where additional capacity or expertise is needed
- Works with release manager to drive Workday release regression testing efforts.
- Manages and provides on call support for escalated issues where necessary.
- Has PM Skills and ability to lead larger project efforts.
- Partners and consults with other Alight solutions and technologies on how they integrate and interact with Workday
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test.You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law.In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Already a member? Sign In