Workday Project Manager
Remote, Ireland | Alight Solutions
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Alight Solutions are currently recruiting for a Workday HCM or Financials Project Manager based from home and working virtually in any of our EMEA locations. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Professional Services group. Normally up to 50% travel is associated with the role, but during the current world pandemic we're delivering our services 100% remotely. This role will be directly responsible for overseeing all stages of the Workday deployment project for the Clients across Europe, from project scoping, planning and budgeting, to governance and execution.
Our Values: People Matter, Excellence Every Day, Think Forward, Act Now and Be REAL
Your Impact as a Workday Project Manager:
- Work with the Client Project Managers to manage Workday implementations through all life cycle stages, from project planning through design and delivery. Agree upon and actively manage key milestones, deliverables, roles and responsibilities. Co-develop and maintain Project Charter, Project Plan as well as Action, Risk and Issue logs.
- Provide a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal consultants to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday implementations
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Manage and guide the Alight project team(s) throughout the project
- Understand the scope and detail of the Statement of Work, establish Change Control Mechanisms to manage changes in terms of project scope, timelines, resourcing, roles and responsibilities etc.
- Identify, communicate and actively manage the resource requirements for the project
- Monitor progress of tasks against the plan and budget, report to leadership on project status and issues
- Manage billing for the project
- Demonstrate knowledge about the technology and participate in training and development initiatives to keep abreast of current trends and practices
- Contribute to knowledge base through activities such as collecting and sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, active participation in Project Management Practice activities and knowledge sharing
- Follow Alight Workday Deployment Methodology, suggest improvements and proactively address issues
- Liaise with Workday in terms of the project status updates, Delivery Assurance Checkpoints, product gap reporting and other processes as defined in Workday Deployment Methodology
- Understand quality standards for own work; monitor and manage work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Able to multi-task, responding with a sense of urgency to immediate needs
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment toward the purpose and mission of the organisation
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder and team management skills
- Participate as part of a global team, seeking help from other team members and supporting the other team members as appropriate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Commercial acumen – understanding the drivers and effectively managing project budgets and forecasting to maximize revenue and profitability
- Problem solving skills and solution-oriented attitude
- Fluent English skills are essential
- A proven track record of managing software implementation projects within Workday, Peoplesoft, Oracle, SAP or similar ERP applications is preferred
- You will be supported to obtain the Workday Project Manager certification and you will be required to keep the certification current
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Already a member? Sign In