2016 Consulting Rankings
One of the most exciting parts of a job search is when you have a job offer – but it is also one that can be fraught with anxiety: Is the offer a fair one? Is the company underpaying me? How do I know what I should be making? Am I leaving money on the table? In a fast-paced presentation, Mark Friedman will provide some key pointers about how to negotiate total compensation. In this talk, you'll learn:
- How to negotiate for the best possible Total Compensation - and what this includes beyond your salary.
- The prime moment to negotiate in the course of the hiring process to get optimal results.
- The steps for conducting a thorough self-assessment, which is critical to getting a good offer.
- How to research and define the value that you bring to a job.
- Critical questions to consider when preparing for your negotiation.
Mark is a principal in MJF Associates that specializes in Executive Coaching, Leadership Development, Strategic Focus, Team Building, Career Management and Outplacement. During the last 25 years Mark has helped over 3000 people in career transition.
Mark received his Ph.D. in Industrial / Organizational Psychology at the University of Tennessee and has over 25 years of experience. Over eight years he has coached some 55 Executive MBA candidates at Rice University on leadership, career management and change management. His clients include Air Liquide, Praxair, National Oilwell Varco, Port of Houston Authority, FMC Technology, LyondellBasel, BP, Exxon/Mobil, City of Houston, US Postal Service, The Houston Texans (NFL team), Hewlett-Packard Company, Dell, Johnson Controls, and ABB Lummus Global.