Laura Hill, Senior Resume Writer
Stern School of BusinessAreas of expertise:
- Investment Management
- Capital Markets
- Private Equity
- International, Wholesale, and Retail Banking
- Senior Level Executives
I help professionals optimize their careers through personal assessment, strategic planning, effective job search, and especially resume and cover letter assistance. My clients include C-suite executives, MBAs from top business schools, Wall Street professionals, career changers, and young people starting their careers.
My career experience includes an 8-year banking career with JPMorgan Chase; 10 years in recruitment; and 10 years as a certified career/outplacement coach. I received an MBA in Finance from New York University - Stern and a BBA in Marketing from the University of Texas.
My work has been published in The New York Times, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal, and I have been a featured career expert on CNBC, The Wall Street Journal Report With Maria Bartiromo, and MSNBC.
- Vice President – JPMorgan Chase
- Principal – Careers in Motion LLC
- Managing Director – Crenshaw Associates
- Vice President Human Capital – MobileSpring Inc.
- Associate – Korn/Ferry International
I have over 15 years of experience partnering with managers at all levels in High Technology, Management Consulting and Healthcare Management to build their careers via career strategy, career assessment and selection, brand identification, PAR development and mapping, and strategic resume and cover letter development.
I’ve collaborated with over 1000 managers to identify and achieve their career objectives.
I bring deep industry experience, having worked at Accenture and Ernst & Young in change management, human resources, and strategic planning. I received my MBA from the Haas School of Business, University of California, and Bachelor of Arts from Harvard.
- Principal - Real Edge Consulting
- Assistant HR Director - Ernst & Young
- Change Management Consultant - Accenture
- MBA/Alumni Career Adviser - Haas School of Business, UC – Berkeley
I launched my career in HR developing and executing graduate and undergraduate campus recruitment programs from the most selective schools in the country, then led assessment and selection for mid-career and senior level talent in many different industries. I’ve also recruited senior executives for a global leader in retained executive search.
As a career coach, I’ve assisted hundreds of individuals (in virtually every sector and function) to gain confidence and become more effective at identifying and marketing their strengths. I’m a Certified Professional Résumé Writer.
As an entrepreneur and HR Consultant, I understand first-hand the challenge of tackling difficult objectives and embracing change.
- Career Coach – Vault.com Career Services and Right Management
- Vice President, Staffing – Citibank
- Director Human Resources – Towers Perrin
- Vice President, Staffing – Chemical Bank
- Staffing Manager – PepsiCo
I have been advising individuals and businesses on career and human resources issues for more than 15 years.
Job Search & Executive Coaching: I help executives gain higher levels of leadership, showing them how to fine-tune their strategic thinking, communication, and decision-making skills, as well as boost their visibility within their organization and industry-wide. My corporate clients include JPMorgan, ING, and CBS Corporation. As a Transition Coach, I have helped clients more quickly land positions in a wide range of industries and functional areas.
Human Resources Consultant: I served as the head of Human Resources at both Cantor Fitzgerald and Morgan Stanley. Earlier in my career I worked with Nortel Networks and a number of not-for-profit organizations, managing human resources and creating training programs.
I am a member of the Association for Psychological Type International, certified to administer Myers-Briggs assessments. Professional affiliations include the Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York, and am also a member of Ivy Exec. I hold an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BA from Vassar College.
- Career/HR Consultant – Private Practice
- Head of Alumni Career Services – Columbia Business School
- Vice President, Human Resources – Cantor Fitzgerald
- Vice President, Human Resources – Morgan Stanley
- Human Resources Manager – Nortel