Apply to this job and see other similar jobs on Ivy ExecThrough our partnership, apply to this job & join our executive network for free.
Senior Research ManagerPremier Multinational Online Retailer | Seattle, WA
The Amazon Kindle Segment Insights team is looking for an analytical and technically skilled market researcher to join our team and build out a research team to support product launches. This position will be responsible for developing and supporting best in class market research methodology and supporting techniques to meet defined business objectives. The Research Manager will identify and manage a select group of vendors to ensure the rapid and timely execution of world-class work. Upon completion, the Research Manager reviews the collected data, draws insights, authors reports and makes business-oriented recommendations that materially benefit the Kindle business, often to executive leadership.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, capable of diving deep and working on every aspect of the project, vocally self-critical, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. He/She recognizes that the true measure of the success of the work product is based on the business impact the findings have had.
Responsibilities Include: · Developing in-depth analyses for ad hoc requests and projects, and increasing efficiency by operationalize tracking studies
· Selecting the most appropriate research methodology and techniques
· Designing qualitative and quantitative research plans
· Designing research questionnaires and moderator guides
· Interpreting data, writing reports, and making recommendations that inform key decisions
· Leading research projects both in the US and Internationally; these may be either Primary research or Secondary data projects
· Keys to success in this role include exceptional analytics, statistics, judgment, and communication skills. The candidate will need to be able to extract insights from data and be able to clearly communicate appropriate triggers and actions
A minimum of 7 years within the custom Market Research industry (designing and managing primary research)
Bachelors or advanced degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences
3+ years of experience managing teams of 5 or more
Supporting product launches, preferably in consumer electronics
Consumer Electronics experience, both US and international, preferred
Candidates with a Master’s degree or higher with additional experience are preferred
Ability to assimilate relevant data sources and hone in on key insights that drive business recommendations.
Deep experience with a wide array of product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
Strong analytic skills with experience in statistical modeling and analysis
Proficient with Excel, MS Word, and SPSS/SAS
- Functions: Marketing
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Internet / New Media
- Experience: min. 7 years